1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 discs to one

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PunkJr, Aug 24, 2003.

1. PunkJr

PunkJr Guest

I have just bought Lawrence of Arabia and I want to back it, problem is that the feature is cut onto two discs. I use DVD Shrink and want to put both sections of the movie onto one disc. How do I go about this? Can I use Shrink or do I need other programmes?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

There are lots of replies to this question.

Basically, rip to two seperate folders both discs. Open up TMPGEnc DVD Author and add the VOB's from the first disc, then the second disc in the correct order. Create an output. Open it in DVD Shrink and compress it to the right size. BUrn to disc.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

PunkJr, you can indeed do it with DVD Shrink v3.0 beta. :)

Here is an extremely rough guide that might help you: http://www.dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5.php

The final release of v3.x will probably have a different interface, which is why I didn't bother making a "proper" guide. ;)

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, I've been holding off on desiging a new one also. What do you think of WinK as a tutorial guide. Does it support better graphics?

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

"What do you think of WinK as a tutorial guide. Does it support better graphics?"

I think it's great. :D

Not sure what you mean by "better graphics" though (unless you haven't looked at my other guides).
    "Wink" capture the screen, a window or a rectangle, and you can also import images, so the quality of the images is only limited by the file size you want to achieve. ;)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Right, I might look into it, though some people find going through the whole process as time-consuming whenver they only want one part of it. Nice work anyway :)

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

They can always use other guides. ;)

Thanks for the compliment. :)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]~ ddlooping~ [​IMG]
    For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and downloads, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You are doing pretty well over at the Digital Video forum. Well done on getting over the 1000 post mark lately :)

:-( I've still only got about 330 or so, but this is the main forum i use and in the past 3 months or so i have posted over 3300 times. I doubt ill post as many in the Digital Video forum. But who knows eh.....

They are good forums, especially the DVD Shrink one, theres just one member who is a real pain in the ass towards me, i wont mention names. Apart from that i like it.