1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 dvds on one 4.7 dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by chop2113, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Hey, First i want to ask what is the maximum size that can be shrunk down to 4.7 gig. Cause i swear that b4 i was able to shrink down a converted file of lets say around 12 gigs and shrunk it down to 4.7. Lately i cant shrink the file down not sure why. I use nero to convert the files mpeg, or avi Etc. Then i use nero recode to shrink has'nt been
    working lately. I tried dvd shrink as well. I should be able to put 2 700mb files on a 4.7 dvd. Atleast i thinks so. If you can answer this it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help..

2. onya

onya Guest

You definetely CAN fit 2 X 700MB files onto a 4.7GB DVD disc, at least six without compression. To answer your question about the MAX value that can fit on a 4.7GB DVD, with compression, I can't be certain...never tried..sorry. BUT a question arises about why would you like/want to put 2 or more movies on one DVD? surely you'd want good /reasonable quality viewing. Compressing a large amount of info onto a smaller sized media, speaks for itself. Compromises are made,why make even more sacrifices than nessasary :)

Cheers.

3. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

well what i do is my commercial movies i.e batman, lord of the rings i back up on my hard drive as well as on a verbatim dvd+R. Now all my other movies that i download i.e Adult movies i just burn a dvd and erase the back up. i dont give them the same care as normal media. Some files have 2 videos to complete the whole movie. They re usually 700mb each. i dont want to use 2 dvds to burn 1 whole movie. And recently for some reason i havent been able to to compress 2 into one. all the adult movie files are either mpeg or avi so i convert them with nero then compress with nero recode.

4. onya

onya Guest

Adult stuff eh? OK, I'll buy the beer and be right over!!! LOL. What method did you use to get two movies on one disc previously? Did you get any error messages at all? Would you mind posting them so WE can all have a look see?

Cheers.

5. chop2113

chop2113 Regular member

Well i dont have my log files. im a compulsive computer cleaner. i run my cleaners and defrag daily. but the error message is always the same. These file are too big for burning if you continue you might have problems burning these files. but the thing is ive done it before so not sure why its giving me this message now. but thats because im going over the target size that its on. but even if i put it on dvd9 and stay under 8 gigs it still gives me that message... and at times wont let me compress it to 4.7. Maybe its the files not sure. Ive yet to see if its nero acting up. im going to try with convert x to dvd. nero doesnt like some files and freezes also nero doesnt have an option to pick audio streams. Some of my videos have 2 audio streams and i can pick it with convertx. so maybe tonight ill but a file through convertx and see if i can compress it and see what happens.