1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 isp 2 pc - on one phoneline? is it possible

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by akira247, Oct 28, 2007.

1. akira247

akira247 Member

ive 2 pc in the house,and im signed up to 2 different network providers,there both connected to there own modems then leave the house through one phoneline,but both pc`s have stopped going onto the internet soon after,would this setup be possible going through one phoneline,or would there be complications?

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Akira, you've already answered your own question. The internet stopped working for both of them when you tried this kind of setup.... since, it's not possible.

You can't have two DSL providers using the same line. Now... what you can do, is have your phone company come out (for a serious fee), set up a second independent line in which you can then separate your ISP's connections to the two computers.

3. akira247

akira247 Member

cheers,it wasnt my setup its a freinds,im just trying to fix it for them,
    i didnt think it was possible,but some people have different answers.
    spoke to 1 isp and there gona send them a new modem out,and the other isp said its my phoneline,supose both modems have been burnt out.one was free trial though.
    i will tell them its not possible to run them 2 on one line,just thought id double check here,thamks for info,cheers