1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Monitors or 1 Monitor?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Sumone157, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

I am going to get a new monitor real soon for my pc. But theres a problem.
    I currently have a 17" monitor and looking to either get a new 22" monitor or get another 17" monitor and go dual monitors. My graphics card is a Geforce xfx 8500 gt.
    Can someone tell me the pros and cons of 2 monitors? Which is better for a gamer?

Thanks in advance

2. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

Definitely the 22" is better for gaming, my friend hooked up dual monitors and it sucked, we played an fps and the cursor was so screwed up, there were 2 black sides of the monitors in between the cursor.. bad idea.. not even cool for the internet and stuff id go with a nice new 22"

3. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

I'm thinking of playing a game on one monitor and on another monitor on forums or guides. Or could there be a program that splits your one monitor to a certain place so you can be doing two things at once.?

Thanks for the input.

4. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

5. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

The monitors are LCD, not CRT. It should be a 1" gap, But still, i'm planning on playing the game one one monitor, not 2. But not that im thinking about it, its going to be at an weird portioning if i do get 2 monitors.

6. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

yea my friend used lcd it was still weird. whatever you choose you'll get used to and like it, but the dual monitors would take a much longer time to get used to.

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I run dual monitors as it is a must for me...not really a must but it helps. I have 2 17" monitors in the back room and 1 19" widescreen and 1 19" running in the living room.

I have no issues with either running games so it is really up to you.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  8. Sumone157

Sumone157 Regular member

I decided to buy a 22" monitor and use my current 17" monitor as a side monitor. I play WoW alot and quest alot, so im planning on playing WoW on the 22" and the 17" will be on Thotbot.com (Website with a guide on completeing quests) or on forums.

Just one final question, does it take alot of vga or cpu usage running another monitor?

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What monitor did you get? Is it a widescreen? I am in the market for a new LCD monitor, but I don't want widescreen.

10. FaugYou

FaugYou Regular member

me to grandpa I just went out today and bought a really nice 20.1" lcd monitor with DVI so it's like HD... it is sooo nice but I just could not get the widescreen the games and apps look weird plus with the regular one it's wider than it is tall already so I don't know who would want a widescreen. But let me tell you the guy thats buying the 22"... I used to have a 15" and now this 20.1" looks SOOO big i have a headache it's like being to close to the tv.