1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Movies On 1 Disc?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GoLakers, Dec 12, 2002.

1. GoLakers

GoLakers Member

Is there a way to burn two movies onto 1 DVD+R disc if both movies add up to less than 4.7GB? And if so, how or do I go about doing that? I use HP Writer to write, but have the option of using DVD-Decrypter and also Nero. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. :flood:

:flood: Guest

Yeah, you can fit two (or more) movies onto one dvd but you'll have to compromise on the quality (lower bitrate)... not really worth it if you ask me.
    Animations are different. I tend to encode those with a lower bitrate because they're not as complex as regular movies... so you'll end up with great quality even when fitting two on a single disc. I've burned ice age and spirit onto one, monsters inc and lilo & stitch on another... looked flawless on my standalone dvd player.
    How to do it depends on what you're starting with.

3. GoLakers

GoLakers Member

well i think it's pretty easy for me because I don't have to change the bitrate of the movies. I'm trying to put my Girls Gone Wild DVDs together and most of them are at about 2.5GB A couple are at 1.8GB So I figure maybe I can put those together and make less than 4.7GB. I have so far been using HP Writer to just make Data disc after ripping with Smartripper and sometimes DVD Decryter. I also have been using IFOedit and VoBrator to cut out what I don't need. Is that a good starting point? What is the process on putting both movies together? Will I have to create anything? Or do I just put both movies with all the files into the VIDEO_TS folder? Any help would be great. Thanks.

4. :flood:

:flood: Guest

I'm not so familiar with cutting as I haven't had the need for it yet. But I'd use SpruceUp and import the movies, author a dvd with a simple menu, and output it as "title set". Then burn it with Nero.

5. GoLakers

GoLakers Member

Thank you, I'll try that.