1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 of my speakers r workin

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by davidhye, Feb 28, 2006.

1. davidhye

davidhye Regular member

i dunno what happened, but around a month ago, only 2 and sub from my 5.1 speakers r wrokin, it is a common problem , but i have not just like everybody has, it is kinda strange.
    k, i have Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit, and one day i don't remember how, i guess it was when i accidentally touched main wire form socket (wall outlet) and comp turn off, and only 2 speakers started to work
    funny thang that it is not workin when i am in windows, i mean when i am listenin to music, or u kno sound when u loggin on comp, only 2 r workin, but when i am in videogames all r workin
    i checked diagnostics all r workin properly
    i read in one forum, that mp3 cant be listened with 5 speakers, coz of stereo or somethin and like u can check thru power dvd play a dvd movie and see if all 5 r workin,
    with powerdvd all r playin and also with mp3(but not with WMP & Intervideo), but when everythin was ok, all my speakers could play mp3, and even if not why sound when comp is loggin on on is played with only 2 speakers.
    another problem, that my creative software is not workin, i can't start any program, i reinstalled that but same problem, it is sayin that it istalled everythin, but actually nuthin is workin
    speaker setting, eax console...
    i wrote like million times to tech assist, i did everythin they said, and also placed my audio card to andother slot, but the same.
    i guess the only last chance to reinstall my windows, but i got so much stuff, on it and it would last for ages to write everythin on cds
    please anybody help, i am tired of it. i paid ninty bucks fo 5 speakers not 2!
    pPLEASE Help
    searched million times in internet, but nobody has the same problem.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

it depends what your listening to, if its just a stereo track (like most music is) then it will only go to the front left and right channels as there is only information in the song for those 2 sound channels. games however nowadays use 5 channel sound so you get sound coming from all the speakers.

3. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

also just to let you know you can re-install windows and not lose all your stuff quite easily. there is an option in windows setup to leave the file system intact - that way the only thing that get overwritten is the windows installation itself, all your files remain in the documents and setting folder