1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 pass DivX woes

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by theBigT, Jan 19, 2002.

1. theBigT

theBigT Member

I have read the very good DVD to DivX guide from afterdawn.com, I am able to follow all the steps except the last one, when in Virtual dub I can get it to code the movie only if i set the compression to 1 pass quality based. (actually anything except 2 pass). It gives me an error saying something to the effect of not being able to recognize compression type, any ideas why? I will be abel to tell you the exact error in my next message. Please any help would be apreciated!! Thanks

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Codec doesn't like cheaters who want faster encoding time instead of better quality?-) LOL. Seriously, no idea, post the exact error when you get it. You're using 4.12 or..?

3. xbglowx

xbglowx Member

I am having the same problem. It says something about not being able to compress or something. Please Help!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2002
  4. stas1

stas1 Guest

I have diferent problem. after encoding first pass, the virtual dab is reporting error, saying that it can't open log file. after this reported bitrate is reported as 0. VD is encoding second pass and reports 0 bitrate. after this I have 2 avi files, one with audio and the other without. Please help, before I dedicate more nights to this problem. Thank You PS: sorry, but my english is very bad.

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

When doing the first pass, you need to change the VBR mode from "1 pass" to "2-pass, 1st pass", otherwise no log file will be generated for the second pass. Sorry for missing this piece of info in our guide.