1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Probably Stupid Questions (PSQs)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alntht, Oct 6, 2003.

1. alntht

alntht Guest

If I copy the entire disc with DVD Shrink, will TVG work? What would cause my backup of LOTR Two Towers to stutter at 3 different spots in the movie?

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Forgive my ignorance but what is TVG?

LOTR - maybe just down to media, does the parts that stutter, stutter if you play it from your HD BEFORE burning?

If so then it's down to your original - re rip and try again - clean the dvd before ripping....

If not then it will probably be down to the type of media I assume......what brand are they?

3. Samantha

Samantha Member

I just ripped LOTR Two Towers and found it works great.
    Decrypt with DVD Decrypter
    Shrink with DVD2One
    Burn with Nero 6

Theres a slight pause for say 1/2 a second but thats only coz LOTR Two Towers is double layer.

4. alntht

alntht Guest

TVG is TV Guardian...it just mutes cuss words, for like when children are in the room. Anyways, the media is TDK 2x DVD-R. A "slight pause" is what I was talking about. I can live with it I guess. Thanks for the help. I assume that the TVG will work with an exact copy, but I'll have to try it and let you know...If i find out any time soon that is :)

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

@ samantha

Have you used dvd shrink? you only need this as it rips and compresses in 1 then use nero!

done! full film or main movie!

Thx...