1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 problems : 99%synchronising cache & I/o error?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by FatNinja, Sep 4, 2004.

1. FatNinja

FatNinja Guest

What could be causing these messages to appear? My external HD is usb2 & my external NEC 2510a 8x burner is firewire, both connected via an Adaptec duoconnect card (2 usb2 & 2 firewire ports). When I just was using my internal HD, and my burner connected via my OLD card, which was a 3 port firewire card, everything was fine. But when i try to use both the external HD (for saving files to/from) and the burner through the new Adaptec card, I get those pesky error messages.
    99% sychronising cache is displayed in Decrypter, and it just stays that way, like the program is not responding, and in fact, I have to use the task manager to close it down when that's happened.

I get the following from DVDshrink whenever I try to burn an already saved file from either my internal or external HD to my external burner when attached through the firewire port on the Adaptec duoconnect card-

I/O error:
    Device NEC DVD RW ND 2510a 2.15(E)
    CDB : 2A 00 00 00 11 40 00 00 10 00
    Interpretation : Write(10) - Sectors 4416-4431
    Reason : A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Gosh, I sure hope someone out thereknows what I can do, or has at least heard of this kind of thing before, and can steer me in the right direction, as I haven't a clue what to do. Can anyone help?

2. FatNinja

FatNinja Guest

Also I have noticed that for some reason my NEC burner is sometimes listed in under the start-->my computer menu as a mere CD drive, but then othertimes, it is listed as DVD-RW drive. Can anyone please help explain that one?

3. FatNinja

FatNinja Guest

Why oh why will not anybody respond? Surely, I cannot be the only one in the history of computing to have this sort of tragedy befall them? And surely, someone on this fine, fantastic and informative site has some trickle, some tiny drop of knowledge he/she could cast my way, just to get me started on the right track as to what exactly is causing any/all my problems? Anything would be appreciated, as I have no clue as to why my system won't work with this stupid Adaptec card, or why my DVD Burner sometimes is seen by my system as only a CD burner...

4. mscopr

mscopr Guest

this is the same problem I have having only with Iomega...getting pretty much the same message with DVD decyrpter
    So does anybody know the answer HELP