1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 problems with nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by DarkDane7, Apr 12, 2007.

1. DarkDane7

DarkDane7 Member

ok i have nero 7 ultra edition but am having a few problems

1: I'm trying to burn a video onto a dvd so i select the make your own DVD video option. I have 4.7 gig disks with 120 minutes of memory. I put the file on which is about 725 megabytes and is about 120 minutes and 20 seconds (Is this the problem? is there a way to delete 20 seconds off the end of it? it is .avi) When i put it on it says it fills up 3 gigs of it which is fine. I go through the menu part and the preview thing works fine but when i try to burn it, it says something about only have 1 gig of space left on it and needing 3 gigs. I don't understand. Also a few minutes ago I tried again and strangely it worked. Does anyone know what/was the problem with it? I'm afraid it is gonna happen again.

2: Im trying to burn my friend a game but it says "The file is larger 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system. Please use the UDF file system to write such large files" I don't understand what that means. Is there a way i can convert the file to UDF or something?

Please help

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

The first problem I can help you with...an AVI file of that size once converted by Nero, using NeroVision will eventually become around 4+gb in size and will fit onto a normal DVD5.
    You will have to open NeroVision, select More...then Default Video Options then select DVD Video tab...here you select in the quality settings...Automatically fit to disc...click OK and then continue with your project.

BTW I set my Aspect Ratio to Automatic.

3. DarkDane7

DarkDane7 Member

ok thanks, oh and also does anyone know how i can use the label thing? I want to be able to put a lable thing on my disks but i don't know how, do i need to print it onto a certain type of paper or something?

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I dont think anyone here will recommend that you do that..(paper ones that is).they tend to cause errors when playing your DVDs a little way down the track. If you have a lightscribe burner then you can "burn" the labels onto the disc...takes a long time. I have a printer that prints directly onto Inkjet printable discs...takes around 30 seconds...great results.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  5. DarkDane7

DarkDane7 Member

can anyone help me with my second problem?

6. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

@DarkDane7
    second problem I don't know alot but just try and change the path/folder for the file somewhere else that might handle more than 2 gig
    see if that *might* work?
    I don't understand ISO and UDF either perhaps try another place on your system if that is useless advice repost your second question again and I am certain someone will help

7. zapatero

zapatero Member

Burn a data DVD with the UDF file system. NBR > select DVD in the left panel > select DVD-ROM (UDF) > in Multisession tab select No multisession, etc.

8. Billmcma

Billmcma Member

Casio makes a disc labeler that uses inked printing ribgons. It works well for text but you have to keep buying the ribbons. But it is faster then litescribs at this point in time.
    Bill

9. j00t2000

j00t2000 Member

Will that still make "movies" that can be played in a DVD player? I'm trying to burn for a friend who has recorded video from a camcorder. I don't know what he's done, but he's managed to string some camcorder files together and convert the lot into the standard .vob (and so on) files, which he wants put onto a playable DVD, but we're getting the same problem as No. 2 on Darkdane's post.