1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 questions about nero.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mindyjohn, Aug 19, 2004.

1. mindyjohn

mindyjohn Member

The first question that I have is how do you change the format of a dvd video file on your computer from mpeg to one of the things that nero uses vod ifo or bup.

The second question that I have is i thought that nero could be used as a backup for the dvd's that you have in your collection but when I look at the instructions it says that you can not burn copy righted material.Is there a way to do this or can you just not burn commercially bought dvd's

I have nero 6 ultra.

thanks
    mindy

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi mindy,
    mpegs need to be authored... That just means converting the mpeg files into something that your DVD player can recognize. If you have Nero 6 it should have a feature called NeroVision Express 2. This will allow you to add your mpegs and then create a DVD out of them. Here'as a link to some tutorials:

http://nero.com/us/631956523192996.html

Use the one for basic DVDs.

Nero cannot remove the encryption from commercial DVDs so try DVD Shrink first to compress and remove the encryption. If Shrink is set correctly it will open Nero for you and burn the disc.

I think you can find Shrink in AfterDawn's software section so look there for it. It's free!

Shrink also has a website with various tutorials, well worth looking at.

Here is a link for that:

http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

There are lots of other ways to do all this so make sure you browse through AfterDawn's guides section as well as the forums so you can see what other folks are doing.

Cheers,
    Frank

3. ispy

ispy Regular member

mindyjohn
    A simple combo for backing up DVD,s as you already use Nero is to download the trial version of AnyDVD from this sites software tab.AnyDVD will allow you to back up discs from other regions and the burns will be region free.Use it in combo with Nero Recode ".The downside is you need to purchase AnyDVD after the trial period,but its well worth it as it will also break encryption on CD,s.
    ispy