1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Screens 1 PC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by mick087, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mick087

mick087 Regular member

Am i able to connect 2 monitors to 1 pc so on one screen i can say have a film or football game streaming. I know i can conect the 2 screens to a vga switch and switch between the 2 screens but i want to have both screens on at the same time.
    Is this at all possible.

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Do you have a video card in your computer with 2 outputs?
    If no, its not expensive to insert a basic card good enough for HD video. You wont have enough graphics power to make the newest video games work well, but tv/video will be fine.

3. 8686

8686 Member

the card in my sig allows 3 monitors but you have to get an active displayport adapter (or a monitor with displayport) to use it with a dvi monitor.

If you type in "Flex" when searching for video cards on Newegg, you can get video cards that will do 3 monitors without that adaptor/displayport.

I digest...sorry, I'm still excited about my recent venture into the triple monitor realm.

Yes, most video cards that have a vga & dvi output allow you to connect 2 monitors. I'm sure you can find one @ Newegg for $50.

Something like this one. It's always had great reviews.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011