1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 sets of vob files?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Grindking, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Grindking

Grindking Member

I ran 2 different movies thru DivxToDVD and got 2 sets of VOB Files, they are both only about 2 gigs so they can fit on a DVD Disc....my question is, what program can I use to put them onto one disc? im not talking 2 .avi to one disc, i need 2 sets of vob. a.k.a. DVD files onto one disc....

thanks.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

of course the vob files and ifo files and bup files !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Nero will NOT let you Burn 2 Different sets of VOB,IFO,BUP files on the Same DVD...
    This is Because the VOB,IFO,BUP files for both Movies will have the Same Name and we all know that 2 files of the Same Name can not exist in the Same Directory and the DVD Structure doesn"t support haveing 2 different IFO, BUP files especially when they do not Correspond with each other....There are also other reasons why this is not possible but I won"t get into that ......

If you Plan on Putting 2 seperate movies on the Same DVD then you are going to have to author your DVD the Correct way which means not to use DivXtoDVD...

I suggest you use a Good standalone encoder Like Tmpgenc to encode your AVI files to Mpeg-2 DVD Format and then Load each Mpeg-2 movie into a DVD Authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or "DVDLab" and Make a Menu were you can select which movie you want to watch and author the Movies to DVD..This way when you Put the DVD in your DVD Player a Menu will Come up were you can select which Movie you want to watch.....

Cheers

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

very true Minion, sorry missed that bit..

i thought it was 2 vobs for the 1 movie,,,

gets confusing when you get PM from them and answer in 4 places...