1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 TB hardrive for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by LJFDJFS, Apr 15, 2010.

1. LJFDJFS

LJFDJFS Member

i want to upgrade my xbox hardrive to a 2TB and need to know if somebody did it successfully and what brand and model # was used. also, if all new 2 TB SATA drives are lockable.

2. TheOddYin

TheOddYin Member

you would be able to put a 2TB hard drive into a xbox but the problem u might get is the console will run fast with the software before its modded then when u mod it will be very slow. me and my friend tryed to put a 80gb into mine and it waz very slow to softmod it. so i went back onto the hard drive that came with it. i am still looking to find a hard drive that will work and on some of the forms i have looked on say that the xbox can only go up to 120gb hard drive. its worth a try. the hard drive will be lockable when u put the software on from your old hard drive to the new one.

3. TheOddYin

TheOddYin Member

i just looked in ma xbox and the origional hard drive is a western digital one..... so if u stay with that brand you should be fine. let me know if you get it working.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

TheOddYin - Please ensure the text speak doesn't get any worse...