1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 times boot then flashes frag!? d0 problem? pls close. prob. solved

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dennisv9, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

question, i have a xbox that is fragging. so i'm thinking of taking out a modchip that is in another xbox to put it into the fragging xbox.

it reboots 2 times, and then it start to frag. i've read around, it might be a problem with the d0 point/connection. i now know for sure that there has been a modchip (most probably lpc) in there before i bought it (there is not one in right now!), since the d0 point has been scraped and some minuscule traces of solder are in some of the lpc holes visible.

is it possible that the d0 point (upper one has been scraped!) is lifted, and the xbox still thinks it is grounded (even though the modchip has been removed by the previous owner) and bypasses the ms bios? can i retrace that connection? if so, which pads/via's do i connect? the bottom side of the xbox is still untouched, only the upper d0 point has been scraped. it is a v1.1 motherboard (st chip an connexant videochip).

i followed the scraped of d0 point and traced it to the another point near the nvidea chip, and measured a voltage of 1.8 volt at the moment it frags. during the first 2 reboots, the voltage varies between 0-3/4 volt. is a voltage of 1.8 volt a correct value?

if i measure upper and underside of d0 connection (xbox power off, ohm meter set to ohm) i get a measure of 0 ohm (if i measure d0 and any other point, i get a measure of 1 ohm). don't know if i measured it right.

no help needed anymore

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.