1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Windows??!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kaihofan, Dec 28, 2008.

1. kaihofan

kaihofan Member

Hiya, I tried to resolve a hardware problem by installing XP with sp 3 on top of the Current Xp but I've ended up with 2 XPs runing and everytime I boot up, it asks me which one do I want to load. One of them is new and blank and the other one has my stuff on it. I want to uninstall the newly installed one, can anyone tell me how I can do it??

Thanks

2. 21Q

21Q Regular member

You can format the partition that the fresh install is located at. I'm not 100% sure what this will do to the MBR though. Either you'll still have the option to choose from both and only one choice will work (preferably the one with your data) or you won't be able to boot at all. And it's been to long since I had to repair a mbr for me to remember what to do.

3. kaihofan

kaihofan Member

they are both on the same partition! the new one is in the folder called "Windows.0" ...

4. Darkmat

Darkmat Member

When Xp Sp3 was installed on your computer it should have made a backup of your system. I believe that it would have set a restore point. You should be able to restore your system back to a point before you installed Sp3. Good Luck