1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 wireless cards/networks on one computer?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by vigeuth, Jan 15, 2008.

1. vigeuth

vigeuth Member

Just wondering if there is a way when connected to two different networks with two different wireless cards to tell programs which connection to access (ie to use one connection for web browsing, and the other for bittorrent)?

I use a Macbook Pro, and I can do this using one for parallels and the other under the Mac OS, but would like a way while running just Mac OSX or my Windows bootcamp partition to separate the connections somehow.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

2. DedShadow

DedShadow Regular member

I'm not sure if windows supports that..but then again I have never heard of something like this being done. Just wondering, do you have 2 different internet connections in your house or something? Because come to think of it..thats rather smart.

3. iani_2006

iani_2006 Regular member

I dont know if that will work but have you tried blocking the bittorrent ports from one router so it connects with the other one only ?

4. DedShadow

DedShadow Regular member

Ooh thats quite a good idea. Good one. =D

5. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

I think this is plausable. The wireless link is only a wireless ethernet port, and you can broadbast on different channels. As long as each wireless card is asigned a different IP, and both are working on seperate channels (Channel 1 and 11). Don't think this will work if both routers / access points are on the same network.