1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200 gb hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by kamakazi, Jan 4, 2005.

1. kamakazi

kamakazi Member

I manage to put together a modded xbox with a xenium ice chip and 200 gb hdd. The only problem is my xbox is not acknowledging the full 200. I read forums on it being the bios and other ones where they say you have to edit the OS. which is it? I have evox m8 for the bios and slayer 2.6 for the OS. Is there a tutorial or can someone tell me how to get it done.
    thanks

2. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Just use EVTool to edit the M8 Bios and you should then see upto about 190GB on the F: Partition. If you want a G: Partition you can set that up with EVTool also but I would just recommend using a large F: Partiton. You can find it here. http://home.alltel.net/nghtshd/evtool.html

You don't have to do anything to the dash just the bios. If you can get ahold of the X2 4983 or 4981 bios they are already set up to handle the larger drive if you don't want to edit the M8 Bios.

3. kamakazi

kamakazi Member

I'm sure I can get a x2 4983 bios , but now my question is if I install the new bios do i have to start from scratch (delete the m8 bios and install the 4983, then the slayer 2.6)? Which I don't have a problem doing because I just modded recently and don't have anything of value yet.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you have the slayers 2.6 the bios files are on the disk already. And if you like,you should be able to flash the chip/tsop from the disk. If you're going to be using an Xecuter bios make sure that it has a .67 in the number. This is for partition 6 and 7 (F and G drives). Once this is done go into the lsyares menus and fine where it lets you format the hard drive....select format G drive and it should set up the G drive for you. Now all you would have to do is go into any menu files on your xbox and make sure that your dash/mediaplayer...etc are all using the G drive.