1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2006 WORLD CUP

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by PeterG969, Jun 4, 2006.

1. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Member

if you think that ronaldo is getting picked on just wait till he starts playing in the premeirship again ( unless he can get a quick transfer)
    he has been branded the villian by the british press but that will be nothing to the reception he is going recieve from all the supporters across the country.
    obviously peter didnt see the fa cup final or the gerrard final as it now known or the 2005 uefa champions league final when didi hamann changed the game

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  2. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

trust me son i watch more footie than anybody here.Football takes up about 80% of my life.I watch it.I eat it(i have a kellogs footie bowl lol).And dream about scoring in the world cup final.Basically i eat sleep and dream about it.I know everything,i watch nearly every league,serie a,premiership,spanish,erdivise u name it.i also know the world cup winners off by heart since it started in 1930 same with the champs league aswell.oh and did i mention i play footie games about 2 hours a day(mainly pes 6(we 10) as im the man at it.I can beat 6 star england with italy 3-0

3. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

lfc4ever, liverpool got lucky.they always do.Shevchenko should have buried the chance in extra time.

4. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

i can see this turning into

player vs player match

if so stevie g vs ronaldinho
    mmmmmmmmmmmm no contest there eh?

and if youre still think its stevie g look at this

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/100419/nike_skillz/

ronnie at his greatest

oh and im going by a midfielders
    eg midfielder vs midfielder

5. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Member

no peter - schevchenko lost his bottle and the reds fought to the last man.

6. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

just look at his scoring records for milan and dynamo kiev

7. lfc4ever

lfc4ever Member

peter i dont need to look at videos as i go to every liverpool match i can and can watch stevie live.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

All Christian Ronaldo does is dive around the pitch. The match tonight proved that. He is a cheat. The reason he gets booed is because he is a cheat. He dives & dives in the vain hope he will get a free kick. Even the Ref saw through him.

9. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

i didnt really understand that.Rather u misread my comment and meaning look at gerrard's scoring record instead of shevchenko's cause that didnt make sense.Continue this in a pm or something cause the mods are going to get angry(at both of us)

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Peter, it makes no sense to say that a single man can't change a game. Every man on the pitch changes the game to some degree or another and some more than others. If single men couldn't change a game how do the legends of football become legends? Did guys like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Pele, Beckham and so forth get their recognition because they did nothing remarkable? Nope. They got that way for being a cut above and changing things in bigger ways than most.

I can say Zidane all I want because he has changed games. When France played Portugal Henry wouldn't have been able to score the game winning goal if Zidane hadn't put the ball exactly where Henry needed it. That's a man changing the game because he had the ability and skill to be at the right spot at the right moment doing the right thing. Not everyone has the skill to do that as consistently as he does. The same goes for all the football legends - they possess an extra level of skill that the others don't.

I eat my cereal out of a regular bowl and I have interests other than football but that doesn't make my opinion, or anyone else's for that matter, count any less.

11. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

Neph,"Did guys like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Pele, Beckham"?
    it should be
    "Did guys like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Pele, Maradona"

Beckham is not a legend he is so over rated.under rated players like jay jay in midfield are well better than him not to mention juninho who takes better free kicks than him(dont deny it its true)

12. mitch13

mitch13 Member

@ lecsiy
    hey thanks i was just confused cause when portugal and france were playing the one guy got a yellow card and got sent off

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Lol, what is it with you ordering me to agree with you? That's the second time and it isn't going to work :)

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

Completely agree that a player can change a game or the fate of a team. One impostant thing is that these great players must be integrated with their teams, otherwise all you have is talented guys playing individualy but achieving nothing.

Look at what happened to Brazil and England, great players but not integrated with their teams, and that's something different I've seen in France. Their first games were realy poor (they bearly made it), but they have become a more integrated team. Italy is a tough team, specially their defense, so it's going to be a very interesting game, with Zidane and Henry leading the French atack.

It's going to be a great game, and any of these two teams deserve the Cup. I personally would like to see France get their 2nd cup.:-D

15. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Seems you have been playing the games a little too much. You reckon you know more about footbal than a group of people that you don't even know, yet you talk complete garbage.

Stick to Pro Evo, buddy, because anyone who watches football as often as you claim would know that a player can single handedly change a game in an instant.

Just because you love the game, doesn't mean you know much about it.

Neph - he'll force you to agree with him because he's wrong eveytime..

16. Rob1026

Rob1026 Regular member

italy all that way cause thats what i am; check the sig! :)

17. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Come on FRANCE go Zizu :) I hope france win cause i just want zidane to retire on a high not :)

18. 7KiNgPiN7

7KiNgPiN7 Regular member

Yeh, same with me, come on Franse, Zizou deserves a proper send-off - one of the real greats in modern footie.

19. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

so then am i right in saying beckham is a bigger star than the great diego maradona
    i dont think so

david beckham-
    he cant kick with his left foot,he doesnt score many goals,he cant head a ball and he cant tackle.apart fron that hes all right

u may be surprised who said that

lol

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  20. PeterG969

PeterG969 Regular member

anyway this thread will be closed or sometihng after the final.