1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 Dodge Challenger--And Now Any Car at the Top of One Field or Another. *NO FIGHTING*

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Dec 10, 2005.

1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

OOPS....you're right. I see what you're saying. I did mean "challenger".

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

mmm...a challenger with a 6-speed...this looks to fix many of the problems of the originals :p

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I only just noticed the *NO FIGHTING* in the subject line; are cars/trucks a subject that is flamed?

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not normally, but the overall maturity level of this site has dropped drastically in the past year or so, and i'm taking preemptive measures.

5. emachine

emachine Guest

lol I was wondering that to, seems like most people on here don't give a rats ass about cars.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, it's just a precaution; already, we can't talk about politics, and you have to tread lightly with consoles. it won't be long until everything is a topic of war.

*edit*
    there are a lot of car nazis that hate anything that isn't an american brand of car. speaking of which, isn't it kind of funny that more of any toyota is made here in america than any of the Big Three?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i wonder how much trunk space the challenger will have. enough for some bank booty, the body of the security guard, and explosives? better have enough power to get me away from the police.

8. emachine

emachine Guest

lol bank booty...

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my getaway car right now has a huge trunk, big enough for lots of cash and a good 2 bodies or more. i'm just wondering how the challenger will hold up ^.^

10. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

lol..getaway car

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my subie is a hell of a getaway car. she's dark, i've modded the lighting system a bit, she's fast, she's reliable, and her drivetrain is extremely quiet (like you can't hear it right next to it) below 2500 rpm...so, i can cruise along slowly, floor it to get away, jump up a gear or two and drop the rpms back down to become all but invisible.

12. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

lol..i need a car like that i got a porsche 2005 boxer..man i spent more money fixing the car then when i bought it...im ganna buy a new car November 24 of this year what car should i get...

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

damn, you must have some money!

well, i can't give you much good advice, as i am very much a subaru fanboy. as of 2006, all impreza variants use the same 2.5 liter engine, with different levels of surbocharging. this block is extremely strong and reliable...it's like the terminator of engine. incredible power and efficiency for a 4-cylinder.

if you want daily driveability, good fuel economy, and what's really damn near the perfect car, i'd recommend the Impreza RS (sorry, it's the Impreza i as of 2006). with the manual transmission, of course. it doesn't need any options, except maybe the better stereo. stock is perfect.

if you want a bit more performance, the Impreza WRX rocks. a 5-speed, just like it's little sister, the RS or i, its rocks with a good clutch and short throws. it's a bit sportier and a bit more luxurious, but also more expensive and less efficient.

the top of the line Impreza is the WRX STI. it's literally as fast as a Lamborghini. i would [bold]not[/bold] recommend this as a daily driver, unless you have some professional driving experience or a lot of talent. yeah, sounds kind of sissy to say, but with it's 6-speed manual only, it's [bold]a lot[/bold] of car, especially for a turbocharged opposed-cylinder 4-banger. unless you're used to incredible power, all-wheel drive, and many other supercar factors, i'd stay away from it.

*edit*
    all-wheel-drive is only good if you know how to use it; otherwise, it's a waste. it's more like driving a front-wheel-drive vehcle than rear, so it would be quite a change for you. i'm only good at is as i've grown up with farm equipment working a lot more than two wheels and have driven a large variety of vehicles.

also, if you like to get new cars every year or two, the subies aren't worth it--cuz you'll fall in love with it and then totally change your idea of the status a new car gives you. it's not uncommon to see a guy driving his same subie 7-10 years later. i personally plan on driving mine until the wheels fall off...and about that time i'll be ready to be buried in it. ^.^

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  14. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

It looks great...
    [​IMG]

Im ganna go tomorrow and go look for one i mean i got the money right now to buy it well i only got $75,000 for a new car so im ganna buy that...and one for my lady
    :)

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lordy, aren't you like 18 years old? where'd you get that kind of money?!?!?

...i want some... >.>

*edit*
    if you get that sti, i seriously recommend using some leftover money to go to a racing/rally school for two or so weeks. you'll learn how to get so much more out of your car, as well as keep control of it much more easily and manage it when out of control (which it will be at some point). safety first, amigo.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  16. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

ok kool...Safty first lol..

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

when you're completely in love with your ultra-reliable subie, send me the extra money as a finders fee...>.> lol

18. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

lol..ok

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

what are you buying the lady friend?

20. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

she wants a 07 charger...
    [​IMG]

But in order to do that i need to sell my benz...
    [​IMG]