1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

200gb hard drive help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jayquik03, Oct 20, 2004.

1. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Let me start from the beggining I just modded an xbox ver. 1.4 with a xecuter 2.6 mod chip and evox bios standard hard drive installed. I also just bought a 1.6 ver. xbox premodded with smartxx 2 and a 200 gb hard drive. I tried booting the 1.6 xbox and all i get is frag so I figured I have my 1.4 working i will install the 200gb hard drive in that.... didnt work I get error 6 so I tried booting the 1.4 with the standard 8gb hard drive then switched after boot with the 200 and formatted the hard drive through the evox setting thinking this would make it start up... Cause I dont know if it had files on it already it was in the premodded xbox ... this didnt work it formatted but when i rebooted with the hard drive still in I get the 06 error still so I decided to hook it up to my computer and see what I could do... I get a message asking for a password before boot.. now I'm totally lost. Is there anyway I can get the harddrive to work in either xbox's? I tried booting the 1.6 with hard drive fragx3 I tried without the harddrive fragx3 but I had it all unplugged over night woke up and booted with harddrive again and I got the smartxx bios repair screen chose repair and it checked the chip and setup and all was good and repair finished auto reboot and fragx3 again... I'm lost as of what to do now? I just want the 200gb hard drive working in either system
    harddrive specs:
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.7
    200 gb
    model #: st3200822a
    p.s. made sure that jumper setting was cabble select and also tried other ways... any ideas any suggestions appriciated thanks

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

sounds a bit strange
    its the symptoms of it being locked, but if you formatted it, it cant be locked (to another mobo I mean)