1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

23-26 FPS Fastest DVD movie Rips

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by playpolly, Oct 16, 2004.

1. playpolly

playpolly Member

Windows XP Home Edition SP1
    Intel Pentium 4 3.01 Ghz
    1024MB (shared with AGP) RAM
    JLMS-H1 HD1665
    SONY DVD RW DW-U10A
    2 x 120 gb 7200 rpm

Hello,

I have been able to Compress VOB files off the H.D.D to an Xvid encoded Divx avi file at run time i.e processing at 23-30fps

I would like to know if any members have been able to achieve it and I would like to know the average fps rate people are reaching using their ripping tools.

<-----WHAT I DID------>

First I used a simple software called Super DVD Ripper to check for the ifo containing the longest movie.

I copied all associated files including the .ifo file to the H.D.D in DOS or windows.

Note: If it gives an encryption error while copying in DOS or cannot create file while copying in Windows then just start the actual DVD/movie in Power DVD or a good DVD player and then press stop.

After this you will be able to copy the actual movie files to the H.D.D

Using Super DVD Ripper or Number one DVD Ripper after that is a piece of cake.

For more info and the rest please post or mail me at *email address removed* I will be glad to reply.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2004
  2. nexx

nexx Member

It really depends on what xvid options you use. I can get 30fps with most options off, or as low as 18fps with settings such as trellis,gmc and bframes enabled.

3. playpolly

playpolly Member

Yo Nexx,That is awesome I'd be glad to know what is your PC configuration and what software and method do you use to do it.

Your input was very essential

E-man

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member