1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

250 GB Maxtor drive burned smell but still burns

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by l34merik, Apr 28, 2005.

1. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Ok I brought a 250gb maxtor drive and I used it with a CompUSA external hard drive enclosure. It worked for about a week but then when I pulled out te usb cable, i smelled a burnt smell. The hard drive still spins because I could still hear it but it doesn't get recongized by my computer? Any suggestions?

2. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

nevermind I fixed it, if that ever happens to anyone else pm me and I'll tell you how.

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Why don't you just post your findings so that everyone can share it.............afterall that is what the forum is about..........

4. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Well, I didn't think it was that important but I basically just rezeroed it using powermax that is availible to download from maxtor.com. Note this only works if the hard drive still powers on and you could still hear it spining inside.

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thanks for that, always important if someone asks..............

My philosophy is, don't ask, don't get...............ask and they can only say no............

It is those little proggy's that people forget about.

HD manufacturers programs have saved me a couple of times, especially Maxtor ones.............very good to keep it saved......