1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2ds/3ds R4i Gold Deluxe questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by wiiguy, Feb 28, 2014.

1. wiiguy

wiiguy Member

I have just upgraded to 3ds. I had r4 for my DS, so I am familiar with the drop and play loading. From what I read, its not that easy anymore.

1. Does the R4i gold just play 2ds games?

2. From what I understand, the "deluxe" can play 3ds games on a 3ds. Does the deluxe play ds games at all?

3. On the deluxe, is it true that it can only have one game at a time? If this is true, am I better off waiting for improvements on the r4, in hopes of a multi-rom r4? I saw the MT supports multi rom.

4. Should I be looking for a different brand of flash card? What about the Gateway DS or MT?

I guess I am looking for some direction from an expert.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. kunica

kunica Member

3. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

at first, check the system version of your 3ds console, because currently the gatewway 3ds, mt card and deluxe can only play V4.1 to V4.5 3ds firmware, if your 3ds firmware has been updated to a higher, you can not use any of them to play 3ds games, you can only play ds games on it. and r4i gold 3ds can only play ds games, best one is this one http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html r4i gold can play ds games on all 3ds firmwares. for question two, if you can use deluxe , the deluxe or gateway, mt card can also play ds games. the only difference between the mt and the other two is mutl ron support.

4. kablooey

kablooey Newbie

I'd go for MT card

5. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

1. Does the R4i gold just play 2ds games?
    r4i gold 3ds just play ds games, r4i gold deluxe can play both ds and 3ds games.

2. From what I understand, the "deluxe" can play 3ds games on a 3ds. Does the deluxe play ds games at all?
    yes

3. On the deluxe, is it true that it can only have one game at a time? If this is true, am I better off waiting for improvements on the r4, in hopes of a multi-rom r4? I saw the MT supports multi rom.
    yes, right now, it just support one game one sd card. the r4i gold deluxue official said it will support multiroms in the future, and yes, mt card can support multiroms.

4. Should I be looking for a different brand of flash card? What about the Gateway DS or MT?
    gateway only support one sd card one game too, if you need multiroms, then choose mt card.