1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2G OS Jailbreak Help

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by akram112, Jan 23, 2010.

1. akram112

akram112 Member

Recently, about 3-4 months ago, my uncle presented me with his old iPhone 2G because he bought a 3G. The phone was jailbroken, had Cydia installed and contained software version 3.0.1. I know nothing of updating and unlocking the iPhone and its firmwares. My uncle warned me that updating my phone might lock it and that a jailbreak hasn't been released yet. This was a month or so ago. Recently I came to find out that version 3.1.2 has been jailbroken. But since I know virtually squat about the updating/unlocking/jailbreaking procedures, I am at a fix as to how to proceed. Could someone please post a link to a step-by-step guide explaining to me as to what to do? Thanks.

2. Smee342

Smee342 Member

do not update to 3.1.3 ok so again dont update to 3.1.3

also with itunes backup/sync your phone that way your contacts are saved.

firstly you want google and download 3.1.2 .ipsw file which is the file of firmware 3.1.2. so go go go now and download it

then once you've download it save it lol

with itunes latest version at the moment
    hold down the shift key then hit update and it will popup with a box and chose the ipsw file you downloaded then it will begein to update, from here you want to google blackra1n and unlock/jailbreak your iphone 2g

also what cell provider do you have ?