1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd dvd drive installed....need advice

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by al7601, Jan 26, 2005.

1. al7601

al7601 Member

I just installed a dvd rom drive under my dvd rw drive and am having problems making them work at the same time in unisen. My goal is to put a movie into the dvd rom drive and a bland into my RW drive and simply burn from one drive to another but I can't get to work.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. john179

john179 Active member

What burning software you using.If you using Nero put a little tick next to copy on the fly and the same again where it says quick copy.

3. colw

colw Active member

If you are trying to copy a commercial/original DVD, I hope you realise that you cannot just copy without removing CSS protection and encoding/compressing the movie.

Normally need a program such as DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink or Any DVD.

Read some guides available using guides tab at top of this page.

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

and remember that very few people try to copy commercial dvds on the fly and achieve quality,consistant results

You could use dvd shrink/nero to rip and burn automatically

5. al7601

al7601 Member

yes, sorry about the lack of info. I use shrink and decrypter.

Should I put the rw drive on the bottom?

6. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

The typical installation would be to set the burner as master and the ROM reader as slave. I say typical because this works for most people. If you have problems with this setup, try reversing them. Depends on your mother board and other hardware you have installed. If you have two free IDE ports, you can make both of them master. If you don't know how to set them as master/slave, let us know. Hope this helps, keep us posted on your results.

7. al7601

al7601 Member

No sorry, I don't know how to make one the master and the other slave. I could tell you this, the dvd rw drive was factory installed and is at the top and the dvd rom drive I just installed last night and is right below the rw drive. Hope this helps.

thanks in advance.

8. EightPaws

EightPaws Member

On the back of the burner, near the power connector, you will find a row of pins. Above the pins or on the drive label, it should show which pins should be "jumpered" (connected) to make the drive Master or Slave. If you make it Master, connect the end connector (not the middle one) to your drive. If you set it as Slave, you want to use the middle connector of the IDE cable. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.