1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Pass problem with Dr. DivX 1.04

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Jason_SSS, May 11, 2004.

1. Jason_SSS

Jason_SSS Member

Hi Im having a problem with Dr Divx 1.04. Everytime I try to make a avi out of a mpg using this program, windows throws up that annoying window that says "windows has encountered an error and needs to close this program" once it has completed the first pass of encoding.

I was told by my friend that 2 pass increases the quality of the file greatly so this is why I want to use this feature. The files play on 1 pass but at the start of the file its all blocky for the first 5 secs or so.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the program and had no joy. If anyone has any ideas on how to correct this I would love to hear them.

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I had this problem before the last time I reformatted my OS drive. It's caused by multiple codecs that are installed on your system. It can happen when you install codec packs. Since reformatting I only install what I need. Dr. Divx works fine now.

3. Jason_SSS

Jason_SSS Member

teegee: thanks for the heads up.

I did do a recent install though and all i put was divx 5.1.1, ffdshow and ac3 filter and windvd and dr divx of course.

I might uninstall ffdshow and see what happens...

Thanks alot for your help. most appreciated :)