1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2PC on Network HOW???

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by PALToNTSC, Sep 6, 2007.

1. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

Hi,

i have 2 pc at home, running same windows xp SP2. i connect them thru a cable/dsl Broadband Router (SMC) to share the internet connection and it worked.

my question now is how to make the 2 pc see each other, like sharing everyhting with the printer too. I even want to be able to play games on network.

i don't have much experience with network so if anyone can give me help step by step i'll apreciate it alot

thanx

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

3. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

thanx rav for the link but it didn't help me, it's so complicated and much options and bla bla bla.

all what i want to do is to share a folder between 2 PC only and not online, and be able to copie the files from PC1 to PC2 or Versus, if you can give me some help here in an easy way i'll apreciate it

thanx

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Ok..... piece of cake!!

Software firewall: make sure you've set it to allow open access across your home network. If you're using the Windows firewall, I can't help you there, no nothing about it. I never use it... but the others are pretty easy to find when it comes to those settings. Comodo for instance, generally allows access to the home network by default, Sygate and others, will prompt you the first time you try to access the other computer.

Network Wizard: go to My Network Places on both machines and run the Network Wizard "Set up a home or small office network". Make sure you name the network the same on both computers.

Shared folder or drive: now that those are done, right click the folder, or drive you want to share across the network, and go to Sharing and Security. In the second section, check the first box "Share this folder on the network". That will light up the box below it... name the folder anything you want. Then, check the second box "Allow network users to change my files" so you can alter the files across the network from either computer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  5. PALToNTSC

PALToNTSC Regular member

thanx alot it worked and i can see the sharing in the network places. now how i know that no one have access to my files from the internet?? is that secure??