1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.0.1 jailbreak with redsnow

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by DjRaise, Aug 1, 2009.

1. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

The morning after the new 3.0.1 came out, I went to add a couple of *ahem*, "homebrew" apps. When I opened Itunes, I got the stupid "Can't read contents... must update and restore" deal.

I am loading the new firmware on one of my two 3GS phones and am going to try out redsnow. Fortunately I have most of my goodies backed up. Will let everyone know how it goes. :)

2. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Ran the redsnow process with the 3.0 firmware, after the 3.0.1 apple restore. So far, iTunes recognized the phone, I still have all my contacts, and all of my other apps are syncing like they should. We will see what happens with the 3.0 kernel over the 3.0.1 or whatever. I think we are safe.

3. DjRaise

DjRaise Regular member

Latest is SSH issues. I can't seem to ftp or anything. Dunno why, but we shall see. I can still appsync, but I am trying to get my NES emu workin. Did I mention that I JUST bought these like 4 days ago and I haven't EVER looked at apple products? Help, please. lol.

4. guessswho

guessswho Active member

can you ssh in?

5. JimmyChoo

JimmyChoo Member

Should you upgrade to 3.01 if your 3.00 is already jailbroken? Will it remove the jailbreak? I have a 3GS btw wondering what to do..

6. guessswho

guessswho Active member

jailbreak the 3.0.1 fw

7. iam1

iam1 Member

YES, UPDATE WILL REMOVE THE JAILBREAK/UNLOCK

ALWAYS.

So if you have as you state a 3gs, then go to the link under here, the site will take you to iclarified, whci is a site dedicated to helping people with tutorials regarding jailbreaking/unlocking

http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/index.php