1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 1/2 Floppy Disk Error!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by cJoe690, Jan 18, 2006.

1. cJoe690

cJoe690 Guest

well my bro has science fair 2maro and he decides 2 make his poster the day befor, like most ppl, lol.

When he tries 2 open the floppy/his essay in microsoft word it hits him with an error: "Data Error cyclic redundancy check" and then i press OK... then "A:\ is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted"

can i get some help, TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

2. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

he may be able to save the data if he trys opening the disk on the computer which he originally used to save the files to it.

otherwise im afraid that you have no chance of getting the data back as the disk and the data on it is screwed.

my advise to you is to stop using floppy disks all togther, usb flash drives are way better in every way and a 128MB flash drive will cost you about the same as a pack of ten floppy disks but it will hold the same as 90 floppy disks

3. rav009

rav009 Active member

yep i definaetly agree with that.

4. SypherTek

SypherTek Guest

http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/

try using the program on that link to recover the files from the disc. i cant guarantee it will work as i dont know the extent of damage to the disc but ive seen it recover files before now

5. rundata

rundata Guest

or you could try using the command recover in windows xp command prompt.... if you know the filename