1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.1.2 Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by guessswho, Oct 13, 2009.

1. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

2. lidoboi07

lidoboi07 Member

okay i got it my iphone back to 3.0.1 firmware, and then when i try to jailbreak it with redsnow by first restore it, i recieve an error saying 1015, and then when i try to jailbreak it with blackrain, the guy screen doesn't pop up. it keep staying at the screen usb and itunes.

3. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

dude read the guide you have to put the phone in dfu mode and use redsnow

4. guessswho

guessswho Active member

you can't use redsn0w for 3.1.2

Honestly, it's best if you have windows to download a pre-made ipsw from my original post.

It is not possible to downgrade your baseband, so if you need the unlock, but you upgraded it, you're SOL right now.

But go for the jailbreak.

5. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

he said he was at 3.01 so he has to use redsnow to jailbreak 3.01 or the custom ipsw is not gonna do him any good on a non jailbroke 3.01

after you jailbreak 3.01 then use itunes to restore using the 3.1.2 custom ipsw

no?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. guessswho

guessswho Active member

it doesn't need to be jailbroken to use the custom made ipsw. If you needed it to be jailbroken, in order to jailbreak, then no one would have ever been able to jailbrkeak in the first place.

Download my custom made ipsws (or follow the guide to make your own) and then put it on your phone (restore, recovery, or dfu).

Congrats, your phone is then jailbroken

7. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

ok so u are saying if my iphone is at 3.1.2 no jailbreak all i have to do is open itunes and restore using the custom ipsw or make my own custom ipsw which you btw can only do on a mac as of present. i am sorry but i think you are incorrect about this. i ha to go from 3.1 back to 3.0 then jailbreak at 3.0 then install the custom 3.1 ipsw. when i was at 3.1 i didnt have a mac an tried to use the custom ipsw through itunes restore and error error error as soon as i went back to 3.0 an jailbroke it installed 3.2 through itunes with no problems

"it doesn't need to be jailbroken to use the custom made ipsw. If you needed it to be jailbroken, in order to jailbreak, then no one would have ever been able to jailbrkeak in the first place"

that is also not true due to the fact that before 3.1 you could use software i.e. quickpwn and redsnow

if i am wrong i apologize and am not trying to be a ****

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  8. guessswho

guessswho Active member

Yeah... you're wrong.

No I don't think you were being mean or had an attitude so don't worry. But you're wrong.

If you got an iphone out of the box with 3.1.2 on it. You could make a custom made ipsw or use one of the ones I made and put it on your iphone, and that's it. You're jailbroken and at 3.1.2

No need to drop down.

I'm into the iphone scene, I work with the devs, and contribute.

It's right.

9. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

and that phone will have cydia on it ?

if the answer is yes then i must have been doing something wrong

10. guessswho

guessswho Active member

yes, it will have cydia.

You can also put icy on it if you wish (when creating the ipsw)

11. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Thanks for these custom ipsw files. I have yet to try it on another 3G-S with firmware 3.1.2.

12. guessswho

guessswho Active member

no problem

13. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Active member

Worked good for me...
    8GB Iphone 3G

Although I was messing around with downgrading and other stuff trying to unlock it too because the baseband was at 4.26 when I got the phone and somehow I managed to update my modem to 5.11.07 in the process-no biggie as I am on AT&T and was more interested in just jailbreaking anyway. But yeah..It works-Just open iTunes and hold the shift button while clicking restore and direct it to the file you downloaded from the first post. Done.

Thanks again guesswh0!

14. thebob360

thebob360 Member

Wait u did what? How did you manage to upgrade your baseband??? Just curious cause i dont want to accidently do that...

15. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

first off are you an at&t subsriber? if so then you dont have any baseband worries

just open itunes go to your phone on the screen you will see a restore button

hold shift and click that button windows explorer will open find the custom ipsw and click open and just sit back and enjoy let itunes do its thing

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Active member

I updated my 3.1 to official 3.1.2 which in turn updated my baseband.

If you happen to do that, you wont be able to unlock your iphone-but like SATTNINJA said, if you are on AT&T anyway it doesnt matter-you just wont be able to unlock it to use on other carriers.

17. lidoboi07

lidoboi07 Member

do you have a guide how i can put it in restore, and recover and dfu. like a step to update the custom ipsws. thank you sorry i'm a noob

18. thebob360

thebob360 Member

its pretty simple
    download the customer firmware thats appopriate (if your not on att get one of the ACTIVATED firmwares) download to ur destop (easiest to find) If using internet explorer it will rename it to a zip from ipsw just rename the extension or use firefox
    Then open Itunes click on your iphone from the sidebar
    Make a backup of your iphone
    From the mainscreen you wil see two options upgrade or restore
    HOLD SHIFT down and click RESTORE (make sure ur holding shift when clicking)
    When the browse box pops up make sure to take it to the downloaded firmware.
    Wait while itunes does its thing and your good to go
    When you first boot your phone you will have to run ultrasn0w from cydia
    And your done

19. lidoboi07

lidoboi07 Member

thank for you complete and easy guide, but what you mean by run ultra snow from cydia? so do i usse the cydia program that in the firmware and go to ultrasnow?

20. lidoboi07

lidoboi07 Member

how come when i try to restore it keep saying "preparing iphone for restore" and then it said error.