1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3.1.2 Jailbreak Released

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by guessswho, Oct 13, 2009.

1. RKOMO

RKOMO Member

OK, I have a quick question. I already have my iphone jailbroken, I would like to update to the newest OS, but when I do will I lose all of my text messages and things like that? If so how can I transfer them?

2. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

just make a backup before you update then after installing the custom ipsw restore your backup

3. RKOMO

RKOMO Member

How do i do that? I haven't had my phone that long.

4. thebob360

thebob360 Member

right click on your iphone from the sidebar in itunes and it will have an option to backup... also i think but dont qoute me on this that it will ask you if you want to back up when you do a restore...

5. SATTNINJA

SATTNINJA Regular member

also make sure you uncheck the box to sync auto in itunes

6. gavman20

gavman20 Member

Help,

I have a 3GS, with 3.1.2(7d11) with 05.11.07 baseband.

I have downloaded and run blackra1n RC3. Blackra1n says it's waiting for the device, but nothing happens, it just appears to hang. Seen a video on youtube and start almost straight away. I have also tried closing down the ituneshelper as suggested else where.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong guys?

Thanks

7. thebob360

thebob360 Member

try a different pc and cable or at least other USB ports and try unplugging all non essential USB devices as dumb as it sounds these damn phones are super sensitive

8. guessswho

guessswho Active member

why don't you follow my guide or just use one of my pre-hacked ipsws?

9. gavman20

gavman20 Member

Cheers dude, this worked a treat. Can't believe it was something so simple.

10. thebob360

thebob360 Member

good to here... Yea i dont understand it at all... But as long as you got it to work... My buddy had two phones one went perfect the other did 1601 error same computer same cable... its just plain weird

11. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

Hey guys...

Came across this last night while searching for info for a friend whos stuck on error 23 with his 3.1.2 on a 3G. Seems like the fix to most restore/error problems.

Seems like thebob360 is spot on when he said this phone is super sensitive.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275
    Ken.

12. Denver621

Denver621 Regular member

Guess Who:
    Is it ok to update an Iphone 3GS that is already at 3.1.2 with the custom IPSW file you created? The phone has not been previously jailbroken, is brand new, and already activated with att service.

If the custom ipsw does work do i need to load anything up with cydia once the custom ispw is installed? Or am i ready to install .ipa apps?

13. guessswho

guessswho Active member

If you hae 3.1.2, and you are on ATT, you can download the 3gs ipsw (non-activated). Reason being is because you can activate it yourself with iTunes. But yes, you can updated with my custom ipsw. It really isn't an update, but just performing the jailbreak on your iPhone

you will need to use a program to install the drm free apps.

14. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

i have a 3gs on att that came with 3.1 but i updated it to 3.1.2. i got it on nov 4, i dont know if it has the new bootrom or not (how can i tell?). it has 5.11.07 baseband.

what are my jail breaking options? if i have the new bootrom i am probably going to hold off until the untethered jailbreak comes out, i am away from my computer a lot.

15. guessswho

guessswho Active member

george

just try jailbreaking it and you will see.

16. dchris01

dchris01 Member

I just got a iphone 3g 16gb I was told to use blackrain for jail breaking if so what do I do about unlocking as I am uk o2 and your guides refer to AT&T is austraila I take, sorry about spelling

17. DonJav

DonJav Member

Hello all,

I've got iPhone 16gb 3gs V3.1.2 and most recent baseband.
    Its already registered on the optus network in Australia.

I've tried all of the above but I still cant seem to jailbreak the phone correctly.

First I used blackra1n, it did its stuff and seemed like it worked but when ever the phone is rebooted it goes into recovery mode (the iTunes logo and USB pic?)and will only bootup if I run blackra1n again.
    While i'm in the phone i will let me install cydia and that seems to work fine.
    I downloaded iPhonebrowser and ran it on my PC and it gives me a message along the bottom that iPhone 3.1.2 connected, not jailbroken (no afc2 service found).

I've tried restoring it using one of the custom ipsw files as mentioned in this thread (3gsactivatedjb.ipsw), it goes into recovery mode but iTunes sits on the message that it preparing the iphone for restoring then after a while it comes back with error message 1604.

Now i've tried using different USB ports and my second laptop but I still have the same problems :(

Has anybody else encountered this and if so did you overcome it?

Cheers all.

EDIT:

I've figured out that its a tethered jailbreak and what needs to be done.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  18. crazipaki

crazipaki Member

Hey how did you fix your issue, I am running into the same issue. Itunes sits on restoring and then comes up with error. How exactly do you tether your device?
    I thought tethering was simply connecting to your computer!

19. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

When you run blackrain rc3, it gives you the option afterwards of installing cydia, rock and blacksnow. Install cydia so you can patc h apps later on and then install blacksnow. Blacksnow is the unlocking tool for the iphone on 3.1.2.

However, make sure you dont accept any updates from itunes at a later date cause it will lock your phone again.

20. KennyLeg

KennyLeg Regular member

I didnt have an issue with tethering. Blackrain did everything for me. I have a 3GS on 3.1

the iPhone is a super sensitive device and most issues with itunes are communication errors. Use the usb cable and not a docking device. Try unplugging the cable and reconnecting it again. Try a different usb port. If this fails, try another usb cable. This solves most itunes issues.

If you continue to have tethering problems try starting afresh. restore to factory settings, update FW, then jailbreak and unlock.

Hope this helps.