1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3-D Amimation, Uninstall and Frozen Burns (Oxymoron)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by adar2, Sep 8, 2007.

1. adar2

adar2 Guest

I bought Nero7 because the demo had such great special effects. Now I had all of these programs in one box but no 3-D Smart Media. Tried installing and reinstalling, going back to earlier versions got me one file,The Cube. Support just directed me to it's latest version, but did not tell me the key was getting the Clean Tools that you have to download and I learned about on this forum??? OK now that worked!

Can't wait to burn the videos of my recent trip now that I spent a week obsessively trying to solve this mystery. If I had been paid by the hour for this workaround I'd be able to quit my day job.

All set to burn...4 hours and 24 minutes???? What's this, 1 hour and 18 left and the program froze again. It's supposed to be burning, not freezing! Set it for two passes, 6 hours and still as frozen as a popsicle 4 hours later!!!! Again I checked your forum and decided to cut my video in half, six chapters instead of 12, pushed burn and went to sleep. Yes!!!! There was that DVD sticking out of the drive like a morning glory.
    Things I learned this week:
    How to clean temp files I didn't know I had that the Microsoft cleaning utility didn't know I had either. How to direct these huge temp movie files to my other drive. The satisfaction of solving a problem, how good this forum is, how useless Nero's resources are and how clumsy their programs are.
    I am not a computer guru, although my PC is my second home. I am just a 60 year old woman who traded in her manual typewriter for her first PC at 47 to discover a new world.
    2 Question:
    1. Why does Nero take 4 hours to Burn (one DVD disk is not all of Rome) and the editing tools so clumsy? I have a Sony Vaio with Click to DVD and several other DVD editing and burning software programs
    2. PAL- I have to make copies for my family and their format is PAL. Anyone have any experience in copying a DVD to that format and having it work over seas?
    Deborah

2. attar

attar Senior member

Neither Nero nor any other program should take four hours to burn a disk.
    If you wish, post a log of the burn and see if someone can find a reason.

http://my.afterdawn.com/locoeng/blog_entry.cfm/385

The DVD that you have created and wish to convert to PAL format should be ripped to the hard drive by the likes of DVDFab HD Decrypter.

DVDFab HD Decrypter
    Run program, insert disk, select 'Main Movie' or 'Full Disk'

http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

The files in the folder have to be converted to PAL format using the likes of vsoDivXtoDVD.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

Those output files can be burned using Nero Vision (if you wish to have a menu) or Nero Express if you just want the files to go straight to disk.
    The above assumes that the files were ripped from a standard burned disk (DVD-5).
    If the the disk was a dual layer (DVD-9) then the files have to be written to another DVD-9 or 'shrinked' by 'DVD Shrink' before burning to a DVD-5.