1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 dvd's to 1 dvd???

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mikeedc, Jun 15, 2003.

1. mikeedc

mikeedc Member

usually i just come here, search, find my answer then go away - it's how i learned to back up my dvd's using decrypter and dv2one then nero. dead easy with good results. but i recently purchased the first futurama boxset and i have a question that i cannot find an answer for. perhaps i'm not looking hard enough for a change so i apologise if this has already been covered but i honestly cant find an answer.

basically i came to backing up this boxset and wondered if it was possible to put all three discs on one dvd-r? i know the quality would be poor but it's something i would like to try, as the episodes only amount to about 4 hours and i cant imagine the quality being that poor. i guess i'd have to get rid of the episode menu and create my own with links to all the other episodes as well if that makes sense.

if anyone could tell me if its possible and where i could find information about it (or can post it here) i'd really appreciate it. i downloaded ifoedit but have never needed to use it, but i imagine to do this i would. i have decrypted all three dvd's and they are waiting on my pc for something to happen to them.

thanks to all that read for your time
    all the best,
    michael

ps, thanks for your help over the last month or two, though you dont know me your advice has done wonders for me.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. mikeedc

mikeedc Member

thanks for the reply - am trying to get tmpgenc dvd author now but i still have a couple of questions. when i rip does it have to be full disk or movie only? i have never used the dvd author program so dont know whta to expect, am downloading it now so i guess i'll find out soon enough. when i author the dvd to my hdd, can i then run it through dvd2one? i assume i can.

the only problems i can imagine is with the dvd author but i'll start looking for a guide now. any tips would be appreciated and i'll let you know how i get on.

thanks for the responce again,
    mik

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

5. mikeedc

mikeedc Member

last question (hopefully) is there some reason tpmgenc reads all my files except the very first episode? 12 are fine 1the first - no good.

i've ripped with both decrypter and smart but same results, good rip but tpmgenc won't have it. any ideas why?

it all seems very straight forward after that, easy to use but for the first episode!

thanks
    mik

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Try DVD Shrink to rip the DVD and shrink it. Maybe that will help ya!