1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 Files after DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CAR8624, Mar 4, 2004.

1. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

After Decrypting one of my DVD [GASARAKI], it gave me three files:

GASARAKI_VOL_1.I00
    GASARAKI_VOL_1.I01
    GASARAKI_VOL_1.MDS

Just to let you kno, this is 4.3 Gigs.
    I try converting in CMD, but I do not know how should I put it into directory. Also - I have forgotten what to type in order to convert.

Is there any other way besides converting if conversion does not work?

=>CAR8624

2. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

'up' - Please help me?

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

you should have 2 files :

GASARAKI_VOL_1.ISO
    GASARAKI_VOL_1.MDS

The .ISO file would be the one that you would then burn as ISO Write under Mode tab

I take it you did an ISO read on your DVD ??

4. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Yes - I did ISO Read on the DVD. But it came out to be three files instead of two. What should I do in order to have an ISO file?

=>CAR8624

5. herbsman

What Operating system are you using btw ?

Check the settings/options within DVD Decrypter to make sure .ISO file extension is checked : )

6. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I have Windows XP. Before decrypting this DVD, I have decrypted other DVD before and they have an .ISO extension. But this particular DVD will only give me three files.

Anyways - the settings [.ISO extention] is checked. What else should I check?

=>CAR8624

7. herbsman

Decrypt it in File IFO Mode instead , so you have loads of VOB BUP IFO files
    Then if it is more than 4.36Gb you can compress it or if smaller then burn VOB BUP IFO files to a VIDEO_TS folder..

8. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

I've tried doing IFO Mode, but it says the following:

UDF File System Parsing Failed!

Reason: Unable to find 'VIDEO_TS' folder.

-Well I have VIDEO_TS folder, it is that it's not reading it. I don't know why this is happening. Is there anyway to Convert my I00 into ISO?

9. herbsman

If your GASARAKI_VOL_1.I00 is 4.36 Gb or so , then try renaming it GASARAKI_VOL_1.ISO & see if Decrypter will 'ISO Write' it for ya...

10. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

It won't read it as ISO even after renaming.

11. herbsman

Right okay first things first...

What kind of system are you running , and get as technical as you like mate ;-)

12. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Well here's what I know so far about my computer [hey, I didn't bought the computer + I do not know a lot about computers =p]

Dell Dimension 8100 series
    Windows XP [originally Windows ME]

My DVD-/+RW is from SONY [forgot which series or set - just know the brand] and it is external drive.

=>CAR8624

13. herbsman

hhmmm , not a lot of help

I would suggest maybe trying Smartripper now then as it is also freeware.

It'll be VOB BUP IFO and not ISO...

14. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

After I download Smart Ripper, what should I actually do? Rip my DVD into one of the files [VOB BUP IFO]? If so, do I burn that image/file [VOB BUP IFO] into DVD Media?

=>CAR8624

15. herbsman

If you want Full-Disk (ie; Menu + Extras) then tick all VOB , BUP , IFO files in FILE mode.

If all files total no more than 4.36Gb , then you can burn VOB/BUP/IFO files in a VIDEO_TS folder in something like Nero.
    DVD Decrypter wont burn these files...

16. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

Okay - if it's less than 4.3 gigs, I could burn into one DVD-R right? If so, I have to burn all of the VOD files into the disc? How in Nero?

Also - I have the same problem with PS2 game. Smart Ripper will not read PS2 game for some strange reason [I know that the PS2 game I'm trying to copy is a DVD-Rom format, yet it gave me 3 files - similar to GASARAKI]. Please help me with that.

=>CAR8624

17. herbsman

Right lets get PS2 out of the way first :

DVD Decrypter ISO Read > ISO Write ... has not failed me on any PS2 DVD Game yet !!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    As to movie if it is less than 4.3Gb then you can burn to VIDEO_TS folder in Nero , as long as all the VOB/BUP/IFO files that are needed are included.
    You didnt explain if you ripped Movie-Only or Full-Disk , this matters a lot !

As to why you're getting 3 files instead of ISO & MDS is unknown to me , are you running WinXP on NTFS ?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  18. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

herbsman - Your a great help so far. I'm sorry if I have not given enough information in order for you to help me.

[[As to movie if it is less than 4.3Gb then you can burn to VIDEO_TS folder in Nero , as long as all the VOB/BUP/IFO files that are needed are included.
    You didnt explain if you ripped Movie-Only or Full-Disk , this matters a lot ! ]]

Full-Disk - I've tried it [and somehow got like 5 VOB]. The Full-Disk is less than 4.3 [actually 4.13] GIGS. Another question: In Nero, do I have to burn the files with the folder [because it is in a Folder], or can I just take our the 5 VOB files in that folder and burn it into a DVD-R disc? In other words, what should I do with the 5 VOB files in my VIDEO_TS folder?

[[As to why you're getting 3 files instead of ISO & MDS is unknown to me , are you running WinXP on NTFS]]

I was trying to decrypt Socom 2 for PS2 with ISO READ then ISO Write. For some PS2 in the past I have decyrpt, they all have ISO file. But this particular one [and the other - Final Fantasy X] has the same problem with GASARAKI [3 files].

In other forum [actually DVD Decrypt's Support Forum], they have told me to just burn MDS file [even though it's 5KB]. I've tried it on FFX, it worked. But I have received an error [and thus creating a coaster] with Socom 2. Error has something to do with illegal writing or some sort. Is there anyway to fix Socom 2? If not, is it possible to do the same with GASARAKI with Smart Ripper [you know, VOB files etc]?

=>CAR8624

19. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi CAR8624
    Fat 32 file system has a file limitation of 4GB. Windows ME used Fat 32 for its file structure. Decypter has split the image into two files ISO I00 and I01 so the ISO files will be under that limitation. The MDS file would then be used to to set up the burn using Decrypter ISO write. I use it all the time on single layered discs.

I hope this helps

20. CAR8624

CAR8624 Regular member

But how come on one of my PS2 game [Socom2], it says that I have an error [illegal writing I think - something like that] when burning that MDS file into a DVD-R? Is it just a bad day or some sort?

Take it into factor that my media blank is TDK 2x [Writing at a Speed of 1x]. Since I need to make a good PS2 backup, I must have the Write Speed 1x.

=>CAR8624