1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 movies one 1 dvd disk

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ericwh, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ericwh

ericwh Member

Hi all,

I have the 3 Die Hard films on seperate dvds,what i would like to do if possible is put these 3 movies onto 1 disk with a simple menu so i could choose which movie i want to watch, ive experimented with Shrink ,i know how to put movies onto 1 disk, but creating the menu is a bit of a problem.Programs that i have are Nero,Tmpenc dvd author,Decrypter,Dvd shrink.I apologise if this is the wrong forum.

Any Suggestions appreciated

Many Thanx

Eric

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Why the need for the menu? You can just use the "Title" button on your DVD remote to switch between each movie?

You can use Nero Vision Express to put the menus in if thats what you want though. :)

3. ericwh

ericwh Member

Thanx BB ok then not a menu but a pic or image to click for each movie is that pheasable with NeroVision Express do that ?

Many Thanx

Eric

4. SUKIE

SUKIE Member

if you do use something like dvd shrink to complie 3 films onto one dvd then expect the quality to be somewhat less than each individual films you have on dvd, as they will have to be compressed to fit, especialy if the films are duel layer which most commercial dvd;s are these days.

so id say each film is around 6 or 7 gigs . thats about 20+ gigs to be compressed to 4 gigs , bette if you burn to duel layer, even then they stil have to be compressed.

dvd shrink is your best bet id say

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  5. mtolba

mtolba Member

yes indeed, try Diko

6. EricCarr

EricCarr Regular member

I combined all 3 Back To The Future movies onto one DVD-R. I just used the titles without menus. I re-authored them using DVD Shrink, to start one after the other like it's one long movie. I did however, shrink the 3 movies down twice before burning them onto one DVD-R. The movies picture and sound came out fine.

7. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

If watching an already compressed title which has been re-compressed again suits your needs then by all means continue to do so but I strongly recommend one title per disc since you will eventually go back and redo what you already did before only this time you wasted a disk and time simply to be cheap. You probably did a lot of this with VHS as well.

8. ericwh

ericwh Member

Hi All,

Sorry for delay in replying been working a lot lately.thanx for the advice

Anyway succesfully put the 3 die hard movies on 1 disk using shrink had to shrink twice and used the sharp settings, also done the Indiana Trilogy the same same way,to be honest only the discerning movie watcher would notice a slight reduction in quality,im happy with it.

Used Tmpengc dvd author for menus, now i created just the display menu only with 3 pics so that it is 1 click to watch whatever movie u like.

Question

when i insert an image For the button next to track in the image menu from the templates provided it is distorted, has it to be a certain type of file ie bitmap jpeg etc and what size should the images be.

Many Thanx

Eric

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  9. wangho75

wangho75 Member

im looking to add 3 movie to a disc as well and was wondering if you can make a menu with Nerovision, save it, then export it to DVDShrink and add the 3 movies to it, tick the DVD9 option in "preferences" and then burn? I just hate using Nervision anymore as it takes FAR too long to transcode.

10. ericwh

ericwh Member

Dont know if u can make a menu in Nero vision express that u can export.

Heres what i done

Select movie only in shrink set to 4.3 do your 3 movies this way,then shrink again to 1.3 keep in separate folders.

now regarding the menu ,i tried Tmpeng dvd author for display menu only but as far as i know it wont let u drop frames when u select images for buttons, there are set buttons.

so i used Nero Vision express which does let u remove a frame from an image, used nero vision express to create my 3 movies and the main menu came out a treat.

Ericwh

11. davewood

davewood Guest

you are better converting the dvds to vcds using inter video copy 3 very fast ..then use sonic my dvd to auther them with simple menus the end result is perfect picture/sound, the quality is much better than using shrink to compress the hell out of a 7 gig movie, well i works for me anyway just done blade trilogy, indianna trilogy, back to the future trilogy, all with chapters on each film