1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 way spillter

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by welshred, Jan 13, 2008.

1. welshred

welshred Guest

Hi i,m some information please if i use a 3 way spillter (line coming into the house to the line-in then you have 3 outs one to my broadband,one to my eurovox with the spare one and long enough cable can i ran it to my bedroom and get a picture) thanks

2. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Yes you can run three but you may loose signal strength on one or maybe even two of your three splits. It really does depend on what sort of signal strength you have from your original supply to start with, try it. but also try and keep your cables short and try and Tee in close the the wall supply.
    jbvid

3. tizler

tizler Regular member

I had issues with a split, as it did weaken the signal, which meant I didnt get a couple of channels, but now have solved it thus:-

So - to solve - the "In" lead from ntl, change the "end bit" to a normal coaxial plug (as you have on a normal tv fitting) and this I plugged into a normal tv aerial booster/splitter, therefore boosting the signal and allowing however many splits you need. I then just put one split from this to one replay lite (or whatever box you wish) and a second (and prob 3rd, 4th if needed) replay lite box. All channels now received no prob. By splitting the signal so many times using the two ntl type splitters on the market, just weakens the signal. Hope this helps and if not understood, will do pics

4. welshred

welshred Guest

pics would be great thanks cheers

5. jbvideo

jbvideo Regular member

Hi
    Nice tip tizler for all who read this post, I will remember it, thanks.
    jbvid

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  6. tizler

tizler Regular member

Will have to get camera out, but its easy

Leave with me and will do asap

;)

7. tizler

tizler Regular member

[​IMG]

above, on the left is the booster/splitter - available from most stores, think this is from argos orig, but not sure.

Top right hand side is the orig N*L cable going IN RF input and the other two are normal aerial leads out - one to reply in view and one to replay in another room.

[​IMG]

here - on the left, white orig N*L lead from wall with the end converted to normal coax cable fitting (rf)

black lead (top middle) is the normal connection from one unit to a tv - this is put out of the booser and into the replay or any box, would think Sure this would work with any box you have

Middle front, silver convertor for changing the N*L cable to an aerial rf one

To the right - the original splitter that is on the market, that i found weakened the signal, so have now NOT used, though if you want to split your cable modem - u would have to use this, at a guess, one split into modem and other into the booster aerial splitter - for tv - at a guess, make sure the split is short to the cable modem.

[​IMG]

Third pic just shows closer (though sorry about qual!!) - the orig N*L cable and the adaptor next to it

Hope that makes it all clear

;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  8. welshred

welshred Guest

Cheers mate,shame about the sticker on your back wall lol

9. tizler

tizler Regular member

Look at the league table

;)

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

nice job usefull info time to update that good splitter!lol

11. welshred

welshred Guest

tizler the only problem i have,doing it that way in the 1st pic
    is i lose my broadband

12. welshred

welshred Guest

Bump

Help please,trying to cable up my eurovox from the living to the bedroom any help please
    thanks

13. welshred

welshred Guest

Bump Help Please

14. welshred

welshred Guest