1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 Gigs???

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by ElDono, Feb 4, 2004.

1. ElDono

ElDono Member

Hey All, I am new to DVD ripping and need some of your help. When I am ripping from dvd to divx using xmpeg the file is coming out to 30 Gigs?

As I say I am new to this, but I will soon be an expert since I am in Iraq and have plenty of time to learn. I really would like to follow one fool proof way though!

2. Iakupo

Iakupo Member

Yes! I've had the same problem using divx 5.11 codec. I have tried xmpeg and flaskmpeg and they both do it! It appears no matter what bitrate you set the video to encode at, the program sets it a ridiculously high bitrate turning out a massive file. I'm assuming you are using the divx 5.11 codec, and a way around it is using another codec such xvid or microsoft mpg4 versions 1, 2 or 3. If you haven't installed these go to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608
    which will tell you how to install all codecs needed to play or encode your video files.

If it is a bug, hopefully will divx fix it soon.
    Hope this helps a bit.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

What bitrate did you use? Im not fan of DivX myself but whenever I use it i dont ever get 30 gigs :) As a guideline you will rarely ever have the need to do more than 1500kb/s for video.

4. ElDono

ElDono Member

5. ElDono

ElDono Member