1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32 bit and 64 bit dual boot? + a few software Q's

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by LordRaxa, Feb 6, 2010.

1. LordRaxa

LordRaxa Member

Currently using Win 7 32 bit. Im satisfied with it. But I have 4 gb of RAM, and only 3 is recognized.
    Im thinking about doing a switch to 64 bit win 7, but i dont know which software(s) would be compatible. Of course, some give the option of d/l a 64 bit or 32 bit version. But what if there is no option between the two? such as safari 3.2.2 for windows (there is no option between 32 or 64 bit).

So before I switch completely, i would like to dual boot 32 and 64 bit windows 7 on my pc, so i can see wether or not its worth doing a complete switchover. But just the idea of dual booting 32 and 64 bit versions of the same os seems a bit sketchy to me, but im not sure. So would there be any complications if i were to dual boot them? I know that my CPU is 64 bit supported, and I know there are 64 bit drivers for my hardwaer (gcard, wireless card, sound card, etc.)

2. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

No worries, Windows 7 x64 will identify your software as 32 bit and run it as such. I have yet to find a program that is 32 bit native that refuses to run on Windows 7 x64.

Give it a go, you will not be disappointed.