1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

32" LCD HDTV as Computer Monitor?

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by BurntToast, May 24, 2011.

1. BurntToast

BurntToast Member

I'm currently in the process of building a new computer. It will serve as a work/home entertainment center. I know you can hook-up a TV to a computer, I have before to watch movies. But the font was unreadable. For my new built, I'm debating on a LCD HDTV or a normal 24" LCD computer monitor.

I also plan on getting an XBbox in a few months. So, I need a TV. The monitor I'm looking at doesn't have an HDMI connector. If i use the VGA connector on the back of the TV will the text be readable? Of course, I change the resolution to the appropriate aspect.

This computer will also be my work/school computer. I am an art student studying Animation. So, Which am I better off getting? I have both in my shopping cart now. I may end up getting both, but if I can save a few hundred I will.

2. Prelude420

Prelude420 Member

I have a computer on a 50" plasma, HDMI, no VGA, and the font is readable, so not sure what was going on there. Was it a HDTV? I had to up the size of everything as I sit far away from the tv on my couch, i put everything up 150% or 200%, i forget what it was. But thats only because im sitting 7' away. If your planing on buying an xbox, i would go with the HDTV.