1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Koola, you are one attentive mofo! LOL

Listen, I used to use express but I stopped for the following 3 reasons.

1. Xpress costs money. I never paid for any of my copies of xpress and personally, the program is a huge ripoff.

2. I found with version 3.02 I could not copy my copies with stomp or with nero. I was frustrated.

3. What xpress offers is not even 1/8th of the program dvdshrink is. Also, oriphus kept bitchin about it telling everyone to use it so I wanted to see what dvdshrink was about.

At the end of the day, I discovered dvdshrink pounds the s*%t out of express.

So now I am forever a fan of dvdshrink. I saw the light brother koola. It is like all good programs should be. FREE.

2. koola

koola Guest

Thats good to know brother lannigan. I thought you had been corrupted by the mightly shit that is 321. I'm glad you know that the power of Shrink means FREE!

3. samuels

samuels Guest

DVDSHRINK!

9 Nov 2003 4:19 PM Like the old addage goes, "people don't care how it works, just that it works."

It is a pity that more people don't believe us when we say dvdshrink kicks the fat ass off of express.

I guess they will keep farting around with it until they get sick of it and realize they can't back up their backups.

People, dvdshrink is free, FREE. DVD Shrink is GOOD. DVD Shrink is the absolute BEST DAMN PROGRAM FOR BURNING DVD'S! Hands down. Take 2 hours, learn how to use it, and I will accept your gratitude later.
    now as to these 2 posts,i use dvdx copy xpress,have had no problems whatso ever *touch wood*i have been able to make backups of my backups..simply by using nero.this xpress only takes 30-60 minutes to complete the whole backup proccess.
    as for dvd shrink,i admit it is an extremely good programme,(it's good that it is free,but i don't mind paying for things that are also good-hence dvdx copy xpress)but for me dvdx copy xpress is much easier,i also encountered heaps of trouble using shrink :),maybe it's me,but i gave up on it,i was encountering too many errors
    are we not all entitled to use whatever we like with out being slagged :)

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thanks Samuels, another user of X copy express. For those of you that gave up on it before version 3.2.1. I bought version 2.5. It worked ok but only did movie backup. I upgraded to 3.0 and had problems with it and almost gave up on it but out came 3.2.1. I have had perfect results with it since I got good media to burn. I have burned dvd 9's to dvd 5 and the picture was still very good full disk. DVD Shrink is excellent for a free program. I take nothing away from it. But X copy express is the easiest program out there for beginners that don't know as much as all of you old timers on this forum. You are all a great help to everyone. Jerry

5. koola

koola Guest

Hello, CloneDVD is the best for beginners lol, not shity 321 Express!
    Wanna learn DVD backup, use CloneDVD and DVD Shrink, you will not go far wrong.

6. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

koola,

We better take it easy. Let the boys use their 321 (ripoff) in peace.

Samuels, I'm sorry if that peeved you off. You're right though. Some people prefer to let a one clicker program do all the work.

Dvd Shrink is free though, and I have had no errors with it, not once and I have 2000 dvd's and growing.

With Dvd Shrink you have the power to shrink what you want to make more room for what you do want, in the end, giving you a better disc.

But use 321. I support them fighting for fair use rights, and at least you're money is going to something useful, unlike the multibillion dollar nerd at microsoft.

peace

7. koola

koola Guest

True, 321 is fighting for us and we should respect their software.

8. samuels

samuels Guest

well koola your entitled to your opinions,dvdx xpress all the way for me,i did get a dvd9 down to a dvd5 using dvd shrink,but it came out all pixelated,can you tell me why? i'm using good media...verbatim,i'm no expert in the dvd field,but i'm not a newbie to it either :).
    another question for you,why am i always getting error messages? using the latest version of shrink
    also we aren't all tight arsed like you,we don't mind paying for descent programs ;)....j/k
    but in all honesty though it's true eh

9. samuels

samuels Guest

saves a lot of hassles these days.....one clicking,we are in modern times now,why click more than we have too *S*

10. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Samuels, You noticed the pixelation with DVD shrink too. Its usually from over compression. I get more with Shrink on large movie only backups, but never with Xcopy. I guess the shrink users never noticed that. I use Ritek G4 disks for final backup but always check long movies with a RW disk first.X copy express does a better job of compression in my opinion. I sure others out there will say I'm wrong but I have checked this several times to be sure. It really shows up on a 56 inch wide screen TV.
    Jerry

11. koola

koola Guest

Well you just carn't use DVD Shrink then Jerry746. If you know what your doing, DVD Shrink is far better than 321 software!

12. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

If you are multitasking when the disk is shrinking you will cause pixelation. This has been my experience with shrink.

13. samuels

samuels Guest

g'day,yeah have noticed it, more so with independence day.like i said i gave up on DVD shrink.have never looked backed,i am the same as you always testing on RW as well.to date 100% success.i use verbatim DVD-R as we don't have a huge range down here.

[Qoute]
    Well you just carn't use DVD Shrink then Jerry746. If you know what your doing, DVD Shrink is far better than 321 software!
    [/Quote].....koola
    my brother in law uses DVD shrink and he has been experiencing problems with it too....however he is giving one more chance,he definately knows what he is doing,as he is pigging me because my backups are turning out far more superior than what shrink is/has for him.
    you choose to use shrink,thats fine,but i can assure you,that jerry and i aren't the only ones that swear by xpress.

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I keep saying to the senior members that I don't just use X copy express. My desktop screen looks like a recording studio. There are movies out there that X copy doesn't like and some that Shrink doesn't like. I switch back and forth as needed. I have Nero 6- Roxio 6- Burn at Once-and Hp Record now which came with the Burner. I built a new computer around my 2 burner drives just for burning from a KL33 mother board I had laying around with a AMD 1.3 processor. Its networked into my 2 laptops and another desktop I use from other things. I can monitor the burns from whatever computer I am on. So I actually use all the programs at different times. What ever works best for the movie I am backing Up. Thanks for the backup Samuels. Jerry

15. koola

koola Guest

This is proberly a good time to introduce a new program that never seems to mess up or reject DVDs.

[bold]CloneDVD![/bold]

Give this program a go and see how much better it is than X Copy, Express and even Shrink!
    Have a go if you've got what it takes.

16. samuels

samuels Guest

he uses cloneDVD as well,also decrypter,burning software he uses is nero 6,smart max,still nothnig compared to xpress,after showing him my back-ups,he is seriously thinking about using xpress.
    jerry....what DVD's have you experienced not working on xpress? as to date mine has backed up every one and my collection is rather large(mixed....VCD,SVCD AND DVD)

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

One of the more recent problems I had with X copy express was Monsters Inc. I seem to see more problems with Disney animated than regular movies.
    I hear Nemo is trouble too but haven't tried it yet. Express burned to the hard drive ok, Then on the way back to the blank dvd burned 5 minutes then finalized. Good thing it was on a RW disk.
    Jerry

18. koola

koola Guest

Yep and they all beat Express hands down on quality and clarity!

I have a rather large collection of VCD,SVCD,DivX,XviD and DVDs which have nearly all been backed up without Express and they are all PERFECT!

19. samuels

samuels Guest

well like i said why is he thinking of moving onto xpress,because my quality and clarity is better than what his is,he's more experienced at this than me...so go figure,

20. RXman

RXman Guest

Anybody know where I can get the older version of dvdshrink? Or does anybody know how to operate the beta version's compression. I guess I am a little confused. THe help online seems to show compression of the separate files but the beta version does not. Any ideas? thanks,\.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.