1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolley777

dolley777 Member

"dolley777
    4038 includes the ripper the last version to do so,yes you do need to activate it before use.The browse button is enabled on the RF version.
    ispy "

ispy,

Thanks for your input, however 4038 IS NOT RIPPER FREE (RF). Do I need to contact 321 to get a copy of RF Platinum or can it be downloaded from somewhere?
    Simply, where can I get a copy of the RF Platinum?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

dolly777,

I suggest e-mailing support@321studios.com, give them your current license and password .. and ask them to issue you a new RF license. they should issue you a new license(same password), reset your activations to 10, and allow you to download RF.

Then download 321rip. This will make RF a ripper again. Let us know if your able to do this :)

3. silimtao

silimtao Member

I don't know if this will help, but I emailed 321 asking where I can get the RF version of DVD XCopy Gold. Here is their response:

You can now log into www.321studios.com and download the RF version.

Please keep all portions of this email as we need them to continue support

Kyle Stark

Technical Support Senior Agent

321 Studios Technical Support

321 Studios

3 Research Park Drive

St. Charles, Missouri 63304

(636) 720-3703

Fax: (636) 720-3899

www.321studios.com "Now you can."
    www.dvdxcopy.com DVD X Copy
    www.ProtectFairUse.org Fight for your Rights!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Tech Support
    Subject: Seeking ripper free version of Xcopy Gold

Hi- I have a licensed version of DVD XCopy. password: XXXXXX. I understand you can verify this by my email address and password. Can you direct me to a place where I can download the rip-free version?

Thanks in advance.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I wasn't issued a new license, and installed the RF version alongside my ripper version. I was connected to the net when I installed; guess 321 saw I had a legit copy fo XCopy Gold. All is good. Thanks to psi and xbadboy! No more backup screen! Thanks, guys!

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Sil[/small]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  4. flip218

silimtao,

It's good to know they are still answering e-mails. One suggestion ... edit your password :)

5. dolley777

dolley777 Member

silimtao,

I went to their site and logged in and try to activate the another account but I get Customer ID not found.

So I just emailed my customer ID and Login ID, requesting a copy of RF Platinum.

Should I have sent my password as well?

6. flip218

Yes, you'll need to provide your current license and password.

7. dolley777

dolley777 Member

Thanks flip218.

I will do that.

You guys are great! Only if I'd known about this forum before the purchase, I could have saved some time... oh, well, no point waisting my time thinking about should've, could've, would've....

8. silimtao

silimtao Member

Flip- Man, you musta been sitting right at the computer when I first posted; I saw my PW in the original post and immediatley Xed it out. Thanks for the heads up! ;-)

9. silimtao

silimtao Member

To those that are slamming 321 and pushing Shrink: well, I can't say I blame you. I paid $120 (!) for DVD XCopy Gold. I had just bought a DVD burner and wanted to get going backing up DVDs right away. So, for peeps like me, we're stuck with it. I was able to get the ripper free copy of DXC from 321. Thanks to psidoc, and xbadboy, I can now make backups without the annoying backup screen. Without a doubt Shrink is great (and free). But you have to admit, Xcopy is alot faster (mebbe 20 mins max for a complete copy, and I thing the compression is better than Shrink). Also, I'm able to make copies of copies using either DVD XCopy (not Express; have no idea how to use it, as I haven't even tried it), Nero or RecortIt! that came with my Sony Burner. If I had known about Shrink sooner, I probably would have saved 120 samolians. But I'm stuck with it, as are many people here.

10. ispy

ispy Regular member

321 Gone backup screen remover gets rid of the WARNING screen and also the archive txt file is left empty on the disc,but with Platinum RF+321rip the disc still has a txt file about 321 Warning screen and the date details of when the movie was backed up ,also there appears a 16 digit No.on the bottom line that is the same on 4 movies burnt on the same day.I wonder if this No. relates to the software installed on your own PC.Maybe it tracks your user name and ID.Any ideas anyone.
    ispy

11. dolley777

dolley777 Member

I tried 321Gone with Platinum 3.2.1, but it does not work for me for some reason. I followed the instruction for both "simple" and "advance", yet I still get the 10 sec. screen. The movies seem to work fine, but I still have the warning screen.

Any ideas to why?

12. flip218

dolly777,

The answer is right in front of you(in this thread), on how to get rid of the annoying "dvd backup" warning. Why don't you use Platinum RF??

And FYI, 321gone will only work for Xpress(platinum simple mode). I've never used it, but why bother when you can use Platinum RF, and get 321rip to make it a ripper version.

13. Baneful

Baneful Member

Ok, so how do I activate my copy of Platinum? I put in my information from DVD X Copy Gold, and it told me that I was trying to register it with the info of the wrong software(duh).

Ok, here's the deal, I am not an idiot, I swear, but all I want to do is remove the backup screen from the copies I make with DVD X Copy Gold. Is that possible? If so, how would I go about it? Is it easy? Either that, or I would like to find out how to register my copy of Platinum. So if someone would be so kind as to explain to me in detail how to do either of those things, I would be forever in your debt. Thanks for you time. Oh yeah, I always the X-Press that came with my copy of Gold.

Ok, maybe I AM an idiot. I decided to just go ahead and try 321 Gone while using Xpress, and while I didn't get any of the messages I was supposed to, neither "Intro Removed (Movie Only Mode) 321 Gone will now exit." or "Intro Removed (Entire Disc Mode) 321 Gone will now exit." Or it saying anything at all, it worked! So maybe someone can just tell me how to go about activating Platinum. Thanks again guys.
    [edit]Ok, scratch that. For some reason it skipped the backup screen when I played it the first time on my PC, but it appeared when I played it in my home DVD player. (maybe I just wasn't paying attention the first time I played it on here?) So back to my original questions, please.Ugh, last thing, it's XPress ver. 3.0.0.0[/edit]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
  14. flip218

Baneful,

Hopefully you know 321gone will only work with Xpress. And when you are prompted to insert a blank, run 321gone ... then put your blank in and burn.

As far as activating Platinum, you have to first buy Platinum. It's not an update or XCopy Gold.

15. Baneful

Baneful Member

Yes, as I stated, I tried it using the XPress Copy that came with my copy of DVD X Copy Gold. The problem is, is that version is 3.0.0. I read somewhere that Platinum is an upgrade for Gold owners.
    I cached the DVD, ran 321 Gone, and nothing happened. The program just closed. So how can I get it to work? Can I upgrade my copy of Xpress? Thanks again.

16. flip218

17. flip218

Well here's PsiDOC's instructions on 321gone.

How It Works.
    It's a one button solution.
    Let DVD X Copy cache the DVD to the hard drive and wait until DVD X Copy prompts you to insert a blank DVD.
    Then Launch 321GONE, click the Remove 321 Intro Button.
    To should now see either:
    Intro Removed (Movie Only Mode) 321 Gone will now exit.
    or
    Intro Removed (Entire Disc Mode) 321 Gone will now exit.
    This means 321 Gone has performed the patch successfully.
    Now insert your blank DVD-R and complete the burn in DVD X Copy.
    You will be pleasently surprised to see no DVD Back Up Screen.

18. Baneful

Baneful Member

Will the latest version of X Copy Gold have the newer version of XPress on it as well? I went ahead and downloaded both of the updated versions, but was curious about that. Thanks again.

19. flip218

The Xpress update is for those who only bought Xpress. If you open XCopy Gold, you should notice it's the same version v3.2.1

20. ispy

ispy Regular member

flip,

Congrats on the senior member status.
    ispy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.