1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baneful

Baneful Member

Ok, the version of XPress that came with the updated X Copy Gold was ver.3.2.2.0. 321Gone says I need 3.0.1 through to 3.2.1.0. Where can I get the version that 321Gone needs?
    [edit]Ok, this is getting aggravating. I downloaded XPress off the links that were provided, installed it, and all was fine. It's version 3.2.1.0, which is supposedly compatible. I insert my original movie, wait until it asks me to insert blank media, then run 321Gone, and nothing happens. The program just closes. No options, nothing. Just closes.
    So what's going on here? As soon as I saw I got no confirmation message from 321Gone, I just closed XPress, I'm not wasting any more discs, and I am not burning until I see either of the messages I am supposed to see. As I said, this is REALLY frustrating. Thanks again. [/edit]
    [double edit]Ok, this is odd. The version of XPress is updated from my original copy of X Copy Gold, from 3.0.0.0 to 3.2.2.0, yet my DVD X Copy Gold is still the same version, version 1.5.2.0. Is that normal? Shouldn't both of them be updated? On the site it says it's version 3.0.4.God, I just want to make back ups without that stupid disclaimer screen! Nothing is working, there is nowhere but here to go for support, and I am getting REALLY aggravated. I want an RF Free version of this software, WHERE do I obtain it??Thanks.[/edit]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Baneful,

Let's go the easy route. Try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter(both are free). And I'll ask PsiDOC to look into your questions.

3. silimtao

silimtao Member

Baneful- do as I did. Write 321 tech support, providing your email address you registered with, and your password. Request a link for a RF copy. Being the weekend , they may not get back to you until about Wed. Download the RF version, then grab the file that psidoc created to make it a ripper w/out the warning screen. Or maybe you can try the links provided to me when I requested the RF version from this email I got from 321:

"You can now log into www.321studios.com and download the RF version.

Please keep all portions of this email as we need them to continue support

Kyle Stark
    Technical Support Senior Agent
    321 Studios Technical Support
    321 Studios
    3 Research Park Drive
    St. Charles, Missouri 63304
    (636) 720-3703
    Fax: (636) 720-3899

www.321studios.com "Now you can."
    www.dvdxcopy.com DVD X Copy <--I used this link, since I have a licensed copy of DVD X Copy Gold. Downloaded it, and didn't need a new licence
    www.ProtectFairUse.org Fight for your Rights!"

Hope this helps.

{edit} I just found the above links don't work. Log into the customer service center using your password. If you have a licensed copy, you should have the RF available for download if you had a previously registered ripper copy.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Sil[/small]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2004
  4. odious

odious Member

I am having the same problem as baneful. I have never been able to get 321gone to work. I followed all the directions to a "T". Also, why are people using decrypter with shrink. Shrink works by itself "I thought". Man......this whole DVD thing is starting to get under my skin. And I'm pretty damn computer saavy too!! haha.

5. flip218

Shrink doesn't burn on it's own. It need DVD Decrypter or Nero to burn. For those who don't want to buy Nero, Decrypter is for them since it's free. Also we use Decrypter when Shrink can't rip the dvd, doesn't happen much but can happen.

6. Baneful

Baneful Member

Ok Sil, thanks for the help. I e-mailed them, let's see what happens next. Now IF I do get it, I then need 321Rip, correct?

All this playing around with all these versions of XPress really messed up my PC. AT one point, during a disc read attempt, I got told that the disc had CSS protection, which I assumed meant I HAD an RF version of it. Well, I ran 321Rip, told it where my XPress was, and it seemed to work, only I got the same error when I tried to read the disc. Then NONE of my Xpress' would work. I clicked on XPress to open it, it tried to open, but just sat there. It said it was running under my processes under Task Manager, but not my applications. So I had to do a system restore to even get my original copy of XPress to work. Also, at another point, I tried to open XPress, and I got the critical error bing, and nothing else. It's getting aggravating. Thank God I had a DVD-RW, so at least I am not wasting any more discs.

And here's something else really weird. 2 discs I made attemting to use 321Gone did this. Play them on my PC's DVD player, the movie starts right up, no warning screen. I said "BINGO! GOT IT!". Well, I took it and played it on my home DVD player, and I got the warning screen. *sigh* Why is everything so difficult?!?!

[edit] Ok, more weirdness. My original copy of X Copy Gold was 2.5.0, and I updated it like, the day I got it, I forget to what, however. Now when I installed X Copy Gold version 3.0.4, my original copy was no longer listed in my add/remove programs. Just version 3.0.4.I uninstalled it, but my original copy is still no longer in my add/remove porgrams.

Also, I just inserted my disc, to find out what version I had bought, and it the splash screen said it was X-Copy, NOT X-Copy Gold, although the install dialog says "This will install DVD X Copy Gold yadda yadda yadda". Weird. This software is driving me batty. =( Another thing, no matter WHAT version I install, be it X Copy Gold 3.0.1., 3.0.2, or what have you, the actual X-Copy Gold program is never higher than 1.5.2. Is that normal? Is it possible they're all conflicting with each other? They're on the same hard drive partition, my D:\, but all in their own directory.[/edit]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  7. silimtao

silimtao Member

Heya Baneful- yeah, if you get the RF version, you can just apply 321 rip. Worked for me.

Don't have real answers for your problems, but just a guess- did you intall the program on your D partition? I think I read in this thread people had problems getting rid of the warning screen when they did that. I had the ripper program installed on my C partition and 321gone worked. I have both the Ripper and RF versions of DVD X Copy gold installed side by side with no problems. I am, however, able to have the "holding area" on a different partition w/out any probs.

I'm guessing that you definitely have the ripper version and maybe using 321rip screwed things up? After all, you upgraded from a a ripper version. If it were a RF version, you should have found a new folder for it in your program files- the RF program created a folder called "321StudiosRF" on my system. Maybe you'll have to do a reinstall of the program and use 321 gone.

Xcopy (both versions) was acting kinda weird on me today also. Was trying to backup a kids move- Cody Banks- and neither version could decrypt it; both versions hung at the same point and got an error message. Had to use Decryptor and Shrink to burn the freaking thing- maybe was just a scratch in the same place.

Last thought- something I tell everyone when things start acting weird: run Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware (to get rid of spyware and other crap), and do an online virus scan at http://www.pandasoftware.com . Come to think of it, I shoulda done that the first time I ran into some errors. Has happened in the past to me- tried to backup a DVD, had some errors, ran the above programs and virus scan, and things started working again.

Why do things have to be so difficult? Cuz we're all slaves to Microsoft! (I always blame everything on them). Good luck. Let us know how things go.

PS- I switched over to Mozilla; IE is a piece of crap and I'm tired of all the crap that gets dropped on my system from using IE.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  8. flip218

Baneful,

Try uninstalling all the versions, and re-install the version you want.

9. Baneful

Baneful Member

First off, does this site automatically log you off after a certain amount of time? I didn't delete my cookies, yet I needed to log in.
    Flip:I am hesitant to do so, as at least ONE copy of the software is workin' now, yanno? I'll wait to see if they e-mail me back.
    Sil: I have been an Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D user for years now. ;) I also continuously run my McAfee, which picks up Trojans for me on webpages that my friends' VS' miss for them. Best VS, in my humble opinon.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  10. buttz2k4

buttz2k4 Guest

i use xpress no problem at all with just 1click!!
    xp home 512 mb amd 2.2 with tdk 4x burner

11. silimtao

silimtao Member

>>First off, does this site automatically log you off after a certain amount of time? I didn't delete my cookies, yet I needed to log in.<< Never happened to me.

Re: virus scanning. Don't forget, some viruses disable your AV scanner. It's worth a trip to pandasoftware for the free virus scan.

I agree with flip- maybe you can just uninstall the one program that isn't working instead of both?

12. flip218

If I check the dvdxcopy forum, I'll get logged off here on A/D.

13. Baneful

Baneful Member

Ok, well I finally got the RFXpress, and ran 321Rip, and all was well until I went to play the DVD. I made a copy of Family Guy Season 3, Disc one. I inserted it, and it came up with no back-up screen, good so far. But it was stuck on the FBI warning screen, and I had to use the chapter skip to get is past all the start-up screens. Then when it finally DID come on, instead of going to the menu like it should, it just cycled through all the different titles, SUPER-fast, then I had to use the 'AV Menu' to get it to go to the main menu.
    Now my DVD player has a resume feature, so when you press stop, it will say "disc will resume from current point, to start from the beginning, press stop again". Well, I did that, except it still came right on at the same part, rather than starting like I had just inserted the DVD. Even when I went to the main menu and hit Stop, where it says "resume playback prohibited from this point, disc will start from the beginning" It STILL started at the same point as it had previously. But it played fine on my PC's DVD player. Has anyone else experienced problems like this? Should I contact 321Studios for help? It just seems like it's one problem after another anymore.
    Also, after I installed the RF version and rebooted, I clicked on the 321Rip Zip file, and nothing happened, my Winzip locked up. That happened a few times, even after I started Winzip through my programs menu. Like I said, one problem after another.

14. silimtao

silimtao Member

Hi Baneful- yeah, that's happened to me before. Only when I was using cheap media like Teon (made by Khypermedia) and the the Khypermedia branded disks. Came up with a few coasters too. One time, I made a nice copy, worked on both pc and stand-alone, but went crazy like yours on my sisters stand-alone dvd player. I chalked it up to the media. When I use a name brand like TDK (lots more expensive) I never have a problem. I doubt 321 will give you much help- don't forget, you got a successful backup; they're not gonna guarantee compatibility with stand-alone players. Also, you reengineered the RF to do what it's not made to do. You have both versions now; I'd uninstall both, and install just the RF with the patch, use good media and see what happens. I'd run sfc /scannow just for the heck it to refresh the windows system files; wont hurt. Hey, at least you've made some progress. Let us know how it goes.

15. Baneful

Baneful Member

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my previous post that this is also a Philips DVD+RW, so I was thinking maybe that could have something to do with it. Well, ok, I'm HOPING that's what it is. :p I normally use the FujiFilm DVD+R, or the FujiFilm DVD-Rs. Before I can uninstall, I first need to do a cold install of DVD X Copy Gold, as it's still not available in my add/remove programs.

16. silimtao

silimtao Member

Baneful- check out the Sony support site. I'm pretty sure I saw a firmware upgrade to fix compatibility issues with -R disks.

PS-try reinstalling the program that's not in your add/remove. Sometimes you get a prompt that there's that program already installed w/an option to uninstall, or you might be able to overwrite the already installed program. Hopefully it'll show up in add/remove. Thing it better to try this first than manually uninstalling it and hacking through your registry.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  17. jfultz5

jfultz5 Guest

I have had dvdxcopy express for awhile.No problems with program.I have 321gone dont work with full mode.I have noticed some movies rip better from my toshiba 1x vs my nec 8x. Now I use ifo edit to get rid of 321 backup screen. and I use nero to burn.gets rid of text file. What I would Like is to replace 321 backup with my own backup screen.I like shrink but lately it only works with a few of the new movies.

18. silimtao

silimtao Member

Question to anyone using a RF version of XCopy Gold w/the patch to make it a ripper. Have you noticed a a slowdown in the burn after the rip? Using the original ripper XC, it would take about 12 mins. to burn. With the RF, it takes about 20. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

19. flip218

I've never noticed. Did you switch to a slower media?

20. silimtao

silimtao Member

No, flip, using the same cheap green labled Khypermedias for the most part. TDK when archiving really good movies- TDKs are more reliable overall. Both rated 4X.

I ran a side-by-side test burning Blade II. Using DVD X Copy EXpress ver. 3.2.1 RF w/patch, about 20 mins. to rip, 20 mins. to burn. Using ripper copy ver.....3.0.2 (I think), 12 mins to rip, 12 to burn. And 321 gone didn't work. 321 has been hit or miss for me, and when it works, it's only when I don't use full disk mode. Ah, no biggie. At least the RF works with my Sony DRU-530; there's another thread here in A/D, where lots of people can't even burn with their Sonys. Thanks for response, and big thanks to Psi, and Xbadboy for the RF trick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.