1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

ispy:
    OK it sounds like it's picking up the correct directory if it's in the registry entry.
    Right. now can I ask you do do something for me.
    Firstly go to your C:\Documents****\Name***\Localsettings\Temp folderand delete all the junk that's in there (if any) - It's not needed. Leave this folder open.
    Now start Xpress and start to backup a DVD.
    you should see a folder called DVDXPRESS appear. If not, what is the name of the folder that does appear?
    I think this may hold the answer as to why it does not work for you. Usually XPRESS makes a folder called DVDXPRESS that is backs up the movie to. If my proggie cannot find this folder then it comes up with the error message you get.
    Regards,
    Psi

2. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: Cheers I will try your tip tonight,will post you the outcome tomorrow. Thanks ispy

3. Forbidden

Forbidden Member

PsiDOC:
    Since I have Platinum also I will look at that temp folder and let you know what I find (at work now).
    Thanks for the help!

4. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: I cleared out Temp file amazed at what was in there tried what you suggested sure enough DVDXpress file appeared when movie read started but after read clicked on 321Gone and got the same small dialog box up This program is for DVDXCopy click on OK but nothing happens ,movie is life of brian, XCopy Xpress,movie only no subtitles language english. Much appreciate your help Cheers ispy

5. JaminG

JaminG Guest

Hello to everyone. PsiDoc i must say that you definately know what you are doing! I thank you very much for your help and dedication to this Prog. I dowloaded it just now and it works great. I have not tried it in full mode yet but I am anxiuos to try it. If there is anything I can do to help consider it done.

6. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

ispy:
    OK have jest been looking my source code. There's something we are missing here....
    The error message "This program is for DVD XCopy Xpress." only happens if it cannot find the path to the file? This is most perculiar.
    You say the registry entry is there. The DVDXPRESS folder is created in the temp folder... Hmm Strange!!

Ok can I ask 1 more thing of you. Open the temp folder and start Xpress and start a movie back up, like you did last time. when the DVDXPRESS folder is created in the temp folder. double click it and have a look in there. You should see 2 folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and an archive.txt text file.
    If you double click the VIDEO_TS folder you will see the files that XPRESS is creating as it builds the structure of the DVD.

Can you confirm this for me?? If there's any differences please post them as well.

JaminG:
    Thanks for you offer of help. Believe me trying the program and reporting it's success is helping me as well as you. Glad it works for you.
    Regards,
    Psi
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Duron 1600 Applebred @ 2172 Mhz (181 FSB x 12)
    Asus A7N266-VM (FSB Jumper unlocked) Nvidia Geforce 2 Onboard
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB
    Pioneer DVR106D 1.07 RPC1 with 12x rip firmware
    All the usual toys and trimmings to go with the above![/small]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  7. Forbidden

Forbidden Member

PsiDOC:

I have the Platinum version and in the registry it is different that the path you had in your previous post.
    Instead of: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\XPress\Settings
    The Platinum path is:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\Platinum\XPress\Settings

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anymore info!
    Thanks again.

8. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Forbidden,
    Many thanks for your very useful piece of info.
    I'll incorperate that into the directory search over the weekend. (Have to work tonight and tomorrow :eek:( )
    I am also thinking of adding a manual directory select as an "all else fails".
    Granted it takes the one button simplicity out of the program, but I can make it pop up if the registry entry or the directory cannot be found.
    Regards,
    Psi
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB

Last edited: Jan 15, 2004
  9. DaaDoctor

DaaDoctor Guest

PsiDOC, I love program. But can you write something that would get rid of the DVD-Backup thats already on a BACKUP. I'm trying to make another copy of some that I'll already had from way back when before I found your neat 321 Gone tool. So I'd like the copy my old ones to and get rid of the DVD Backup on them.

If I use nero and just do a disk copy, what do I have to do to the DVD backup vobs so that it doesnt show up on. I tried just deleting them but that didnt work.

Can you help me out.

Thanks bud.

DaaDoctor

10. GoFish

GoFish Member

Hello PsiDoc,

Great gob... Works as designed and flawless on my system (win98se/Xpress)...

I viewed the watermark file that express puts on the DVD Copy, was told that it has a means of tracing what actual computer created the copy. The only ID that I can see is a bunch of 'Zero's", is the tracing thing a hoax (or) is there something hidden in that (or) another one of the files?

Thanks for enlightening me with knowledge!

11. chris900

chris900 Member

To DaaDoctor..
    Use a program called Smart Ripper...then just select the main movie...extract the vob file onto yur computer..and burn it...no compressing or anything needed becuase it is already compressed..
    Good luck..

12. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

DaaDoctor,
    What you request is very possible to do using my program, but not in it's current form it is too rigid in where it looks for the necessary files. I had not actually thought about the concept you have thrown in the pot.
    This is the theory..
    Rip the copied DVD with smart ripper, then patch using my program with an added manual file selecter (to be programmed in) and then burn it...

As I said it's just a theory, but it may just work!!
    I can see a busy weekend ahead!! lol ;o)

GoFish:
    RE: Watermarking I 'm to be honest a little bit green on that subject. I have heared of it before, however not bothered about it because it does not affect my viewing of the DVD's I back up, whereas the DVD BACKUP screen does. If you can give me more info or even a link or two that explains the process, I'll certainly see what can be done about it
    Regards,
    Psi
    _
    _
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB

13. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: Thanks for the tips, tried it and the VOB files appeared in DVDXpress Folder + a .txt file I kept folder open when I launched 321Gone but still got the same message. Hmmmm? movie was The Perfect Storm no subtitles,language English. This is proving to be a bit of a challenge! Sorry, Regards ispy

14. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

ispy.
    Did the .VOB files appear in the VIDEO_TS folder or in the XPress folder? I am assuming in the VIDEO_TS because you report nothing weird.
    Ok this is very strange... Without actually sitting in front of your PC to find out what is going on I am at a loss...
    But I have a work around for you...
    What I'll do is write in a manual directory select this weekend.
    I think it's going to be needed for various reasons (See DaaDoctor's post).
    After selecting the directory it'll be set for future use but can be changed if you decide to change the temp directory in Xpress.
    How does that sound?

Regards,
    Psi
    _
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB

15. wallstAL

wallstAL Member

I have had great success with DVD Xpress, I have backed up probably fifty/sixty movies. Now I would like to try this little program and get rid of the backup intro.

Thanks!

16. wallstAL

wallstAL Member

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    get rid of the DVD-Backup thats already on a BACKUP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use a program called Smart Ripper...then just select the main movie...extract the VOB file onto yur computer..and burn it...no compressing or anything needed becuase it is already compressed..
    Good luck..

Where do you find this Smart Ripper program??

17. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: I really do appreciate your help on this one,I downloaded v 0.51 this morning & will try that. Thanks for spending so much time on this,you really know your stuff! Cheers ispy

18. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: Have now used v0.51 and guess what? everything is OK with dialog boxes after DVD read. Yipeeeee! I will try a burn tonight and post results. Movie was The Perfect Storm no subtitles,language English Things are looking up.Have a relaxing weekend. Cheers ispy

19. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

ispy.
    You were on the old version... lol
    Now this makes sense.
    If you got the message "Intro Removed (Movie Only Mode) 321 Gone will now exit" then it'll work.
    Regards,
    Psi
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  20. Forbidden

Forbidden Member

ispy:
    You got the Platinum DVDXCOPY Xpress version to work?
    Has PSIdoc came out with a newer version in the last week?
    Im itching to get this little prog to work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.