1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321GONE DVD X Copy Express DVD BackUp Screen Remover

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold] hey psiDOC, i need some help. i'm not sure if i'm doin this right but after dvd x copy xpress done readin the movie and say "insert blank dvd", i launched 321Gone and a small window pop up sayin "This program is designed for use with DVD XCopy Xpress". then i click ok and the small closed but nothin happen. what seem to be the problem?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7
    magic 3.1
    sony DVD-+RW DW-U12A
    TDK & Verbatim dvd-r[/small]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  2. ispy

ispy Regular member

stunn611: I had the same thing,so check back on threads to see answer maybe you downloaded the "old version" v051. Go for v061. Psi really knows his stuff.Good luck & carry on burning! ispy

3. Jared_302

Jared_302 Guest

PsiDoc...Since I am a regedit idiot I will have to hope that this is what you are talking about....
    The path HKEY_CURRENT_USER/softeare/321Studios/DVDXCopy/...has multi files in it. What file are you looking for? There are 5 files in this directory 1)Default 2)enginOption 3) isoFilesystem 4)Target Drive 5)Temp
    1,4 &5 are REG_SZ file types and 2 & 3 are REF_DWORD file types. The data I will forward to you if you need it. You only have to tell me what file (or number) ha ha you need it from. If you want to send me an email about the partiucualrs etc it jared_302@sympatico.ca
    THanks

4. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]hey ispy, where can i download v061?

5. alleng1

alleng1 Guest

Hey PsiDOC,

I just downloaded the new version from the link above and noticed that it is a zip file. The other version I had was a exe and I had it on my Desktop. Do I unzip and then put the exe file on the Desktop or does the program run from the program files directory?

alleng1

6. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Jared_302:
    Actually what I am looking for in this key would be a subkey called XPress eg:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\[bold]XPress[/bold] is for the standalone version of Xpress.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\Platinum\[bold]XPress[/bold] for the platinum bundled version
    What i would like to find is where the Gold bundled version key is.
    If the rest are anything to go by it'll probably be:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\Gold\XPress

stunn611:
    It's available here--->> http://psidoc0.tripod.com
    Please grab this version. Then if you still get the same message post back and let's see if we cannot work out what's going on.

alleng1:
    Yes it's now in Zip form as I have added a little readme.txt file in there as well. It's just the one .exe as always (I hate bloatware!!), and no added stuff to your system files.

7. Jared_302

Jared_302 Guest

PsiDoc...Gold is not there...I have the Gold bundle but the only thing I can do is try the 321 gone with what you have and see what happens....I like express for its ease but gold is nice because quality is better.
    Give me an email address and I will send you a screen dump of the directory structure.
    Jared_302

8. Battscrew

Battscrew Member

to remove logo prior to burn delete video_ts.ifo use DVDFab 0.17.0 to recreate video manager video_ts.ifo open archive.txt delete contents save and leave file there.

9. danger1

danger1 Member

PsiDOC:
    I have the DVDXCopy Gold V1.5.2 bundle which includes the latest XPRESS V3.2.2
    The registry is as follows:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\DVdXCopy\DVDXCOPY
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\321Studios\XPress\Settings
    The TEMP path is:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\Local Settings\Temp\DVDXPress
    Downloaded and ran 321 Gone V0.61 per instructions but still get error message "This program is designed for use with DVDXCOPY XPress", without any option to manually search for the correct file.
    I tried this with XPress in movie only mode with non multi-language DVD.
    Operating system Windows XP
    Any help would be appreciated.

10. ispy

ispy Regular member

11. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]thanks ispy. but is there anyway to see if i have v061?

12. Forbidden

Forbidden Member

If your not sure just download it again!
    http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

PsiDOC:
    Im excited to see this new version.
    Thanks for your time and effort.
    Will go home and try it out on my Platinum version and post results.
    You Da Man!

13. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

***** Version Update Available *****

Version 0.62 is now available from the download site.

Changes as follows:

Gold Bundle is now supported. (Many thanks danger1 for your info)
    Fixed Minor bug in Manual Search. Now it works ok. If the prog cannot determine from the registy where the backup is then Manual search is invoked.
    Also removed the the "This Prog is for Xcopy XPRess warning... Non XPress owners beware - This WILL not work on the Straight XCopy!!!.
    Note: after doing the manual search once provided you do not change the temporary directory in Xpress the program will not ask you to manually search again. It will pick up the files automatically.
    I think this will cure all temporary file location problems.
    Of course as always, read the readme in the zip.

Stunn611:
    There was a minor bug in the Manual Search invokation, and hence the "This program is for XCopy Xpress" warning and Exit. Sorry and thanks for finding it for me :eek:)

Regards,
    Psi

14. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]hey i just downloaded the new version(v062)and i was still not able to removed the intro screen. this is what i did. after xcopy xpress done readin the movie, i launched 321Gone and then press the remove into button but nothin pop up to inform that the intro was removed. did i do anythin wrong?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7
    magic 3.1
    sony DVD-+RW DW-U12A
    TDK & Verbatim dvd-r[/small]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  15. ispy

ispy Regular member

Psi: Just downloaded v062 What can I say Great Job as usual! Thanks ispy

16. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]hey psiDOC, on the notepad that came along with 321Gone says that it will not work if your burnin a multi language entire disc. how do i know if i'm burnin a multi language disc? also will the new version work with x copy platium advanced mode?

17. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

OK.
    1: Multi Language DVD's try it in your DVD player and see if you can change the language.
    2: Advanced mode in Platinum = DVD XCopy. = Not Supported. Use Simple Mode!!!
    3: The errors you mention in previous posts are strange. The only way the prog will exit without telling you Intro removed is if the VIDEO_TS.IFO is not made by any Xpress version I have seen. Are you sure you are using Xpress??????
    Regards,
    Psi

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Duron 1600 Applebred @ 2172 Mhz (181 FSB x 12)
    Asus A7N266-VM (FSB Jumper unlocked) Nvidia Geforce 2 Onboard
    2 x 256 MB 2700 DDR
    WD 40 GB
    Pioneer DVR106D 1.07 RPC1 with 12x rip firmware
    All the usual toys and trimmings to go with the above![/small]

18. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]ok. i just put Bruce Almighty in my dvd player and saw that it has a language feature on the menu. so i guess that is why i cant get 321Gone to work. do u know how to get rid of the language feature?

19. odious

odious Member

Hey PsiDoc,

I have run across 3 or 4 DVDs out of the 30 or so that I have copied and after the discs are cached to the hard drive and I insert a blank, I get the error "error writing disk". I am now trying to use dvdshrink to see if I have any better luck. I tried 3 different burners and they all give me the same results.

If anyone wants to try burning these movies, see what results you get.

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Finding Nemo
    Bad Boys (the original)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Plextor-708A
    ATHLON 2600XP[/small]

20. McMorris

McMorris Guest

Hey psidoc, tried your kungfu,worked great! Now riddle me this Batman. Just suppose for what ever reason, someone wanted to substitute their own intro, or warning page, or whatever for the 321 page. Ever thought of a few lines of code to modify your 321gone to simply choose a 720 x 480 graphic from a chosen directory,and have it appear instead of the 321page? Beats the hell out of a whole reauthoring setup for just one graphic or even a short 10 to 20 second animated intro in place of the 321 page. Just thought I'd ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.