1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321RIP! DVDXcopy (all versions) RF to Ripper Enabled file patcher

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 23, 2004.

1. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

A little file patch that I hacked up this afternoon to enable CSS ripper functionality for the RF versions of DVDXcopy.
    It makes the RF version work in the same way that the older non RF versions did, with the added bonus of No "DVD BACKUP" warning screen! Just patch once and go! The patch is permanent (unless you upgrade to another RF version then you will have to patch again!)

Download Here: http://321rip.tripod.com/

How to use: Download the 321RIP.zip file and extract 321rip.exe into your DVDXcopyRF folder. Double click the 321RIP icon, click the Enable Ripper button and Viola! Ripper functions are now enabled.

Thanks for xbadboy2 for bringing the basics of this to my attention.

**Edit 11/06/04.** Version 1.1 (IP)
    I have re-written the patch to be a lot more intelligent. So long as you have installed in the standard places it will patch from ANYWHERE on your system. Just "Click and Go!"

[bold]FAQ's PLEASE READ!![/bold]
    1: Will this patch work on the non Ripper Free (RF) version and remove the Oh so bloody annoying "DVD Backup" Screen??
    Answer: NO! This patch is designed to Re-Enable the ripper in the RF version, which does not have the "DVD Backup" screen. Use 321Gone! for all non RF versions of XCopy Xpress, or (If you can) Upgrade to the RF and patch using 321RIP!

2: Does 321RIP! work on the Platinum and DVD Xtreme RF version??
    Answer: Yes 321RIP works on ALL RF versions to date, please remember to download the Xtreme version of 321RIP, else you will get a "Cannot find the file to Patch" error.

3: Can I remove the Ripper after patching??
    Answer: Yes. A backup of the file is made before patching. Simply delete the bouducon.dll file and rename the bouducon.bak file to bouducon.dll (Although god knows why you'd want to do that!).

Regards,
    Psi
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PsiDOC... Poking the DMCA with a stick, then running away.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. jim1812

jim1812 Member

PsiDoc: I "must be" out in the twilight zone because i cant get your program to work, so here i am asking for help. First, I am running DVD XCOPY Platinum version 4.0.3.8 (not the rf version) in the "simple" mode. I d/l'd your prog and placed it in c:\321studios\platinum file. Then I did as instructed (double click, etc) and found that the bouducon.dll now became .bak and a new bouducon.dll was in its place. When I attempted to burn a movie (thin red line), i still got the "DVD Backup" screen.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Also, while I also use DVDShrink and DVDDecryptor (both outstanding programs by the way) I occasionally have to use DVDXCopy but do not want the backup screen.
    Any assistance ... even a "long walk off a short pier" would be accepted. Thanks for your help. Jim1812

3. Wise

Wise Member

Believe that is for use on the ripper free version not 4.0.3.8 ver. It allows the ripper free version to rip again and the backup screen is not on the RF version. The placement of the original bouducon.dll file allows the RF version to rip as PsiDOC mentioned. It works fine.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Wise,
    He's already been told. And now 321 fans, to get the new RF download you have to call 321 to get a new license. Should be free as the merchandise was guaranteed to retail purchasers. So have your old purchase and license info ready.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2004
  5. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

Do I have to give up my old Lciense after I obtain the new License for the RF?

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

IQ_ZERO, The best way to answer is if you have a legal copy of XCopy you have will always have a license. If 321 ever gets back to programs with rippers I'm sure they'll just give you a new one or let you use your old one. If you've ever gotten through to their tech support they really are willing to satisfy you.

7. flip218

Also if you ever need to call 321 the best time is when the call center first opens 9 am Central Standard Time Mon-Sat.

8. IQ_ZERO

IQ_ZERO Member

Thanks.

9. flip218

ahh, most welcome :)

10. Chastize

Chastize Member

Sorry if this has been answered.

Hating the dvd back up screen and wanting the entire disc instead of movie only I quit using DVDx express and started using dvdshrink.

With this new 321 rip I want to go back to DVDX Express but want to make sure it will work with it.

First where is DVDXcopyRF folder located.

When I open up my 321 folder on my c drive I don't see RF anywhere but I do see that bouducon.dll file mentioned in another thread.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered but I wanna try it again w/o making a coaster.

Thanks in advance.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

In the 321 Studios folder you will find Platinum and Platinum RF if you have both versions and didn't tamper with the download/install locations. For all else check the first post on the thread and follow the instructions at tripod.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2004
  12. micks

micks Guest

willthis work with dvdxcopy xpress rp

13. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

FAQ's PLEASE READ!!
    1: Will this patch work on the non Ripper Free (RF) version and remove the Oh so bloody annoying "DVD Backup" Screen??
    Answer: NO! This patch is designed to Re-Enable the ripper in the RF version, which does not have the "DVD Backup" screen. Use 321Gone! for all non RF versions of XCopy Xpress, or (If you can) Upgrade to the RF and patch using 321RIP!

2: Does 321RIP! work on the Platinum and DVD Xtreme RF version??
    [bold]Answer: Yes 321RIP works on ALL RF versions to date.[/bold]

3: Can I remove the Ripper after patching??
    Answer: Yes. a backup of the file is made before patching. Simply delete the bouducon.dll file and rename the bouducon.bak file to bouducon.dll (Although god knows why you'd want to do that!).

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Duron 1800 Applebred @ 2400 Mhz (200 FSB x 12)
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Nvidia N-Force 2
    2 x 256 MB 3200 DDR
    2 x WD 40 GB
    Pioneer DVR106D 1.07 RPC1 with 12x rip firmware
    All the usual toys and trimmings to go with the above![/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  14. micks

micks Guest

how do you download 321rip into the dvdxcopyrf folder sorry but i need step by step instuctions please thanks mr thicko

15. micks

micks Guest

every time i try to open 321rip i get unable to find a file to patch please help thanks

16. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Put 31rip.exe in the [bold]SAME[/bold] directory as the bouducon.dll file. This IS usually the C:\Program Files\321StudiosRF\<<Insert version (Platinum or Xpress) here>> directory.
    The execute and patch.

17. micks

micks Guest

where do find the directory with bouducon.dll file and how do i access it thanks

18. Wise

Wise Member

Look in C:drive > program files > 321Studios > platinum folder.

In Win XP Start > Search > Platinum > C: from the start button on the desktop. Simple to find.

19. micks

micks Guest

found the bouducon.dll file how do i get put 321rip into it thanks

20. brobear

brobear Guest

PsiDoc
    They're asking about you all over the forums. Keep up the work.