1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321studios and freeware/donate ware

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by RWG, Nov 25, 2003.

1. RWG

RWG Regular member

I was just on the dvdxcopy forums catching up on anything I might have been missing. As expected it was just a lot of discussions about "it don't work."

I would sure like to invite each of those folks to try DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero 6, DVD2ONE, AnyDvd, etc...

I paid money for my 321studios problems in the form of DVD Copy 4.2, DVDXCOPY, DVDXPRESS and Platinum. After I got Shrink and Nero 6 going I haven't looked back. I've added DVD Decrypter and a few other free tools to my arsenal.

I'm so glad I'm away from the half-baked ware that 321 puts out, wish everyone was.

RWG

2. mlhannig

mlhannig Guest

What other tools do you use to create DVD backups besides DVD Shrink? Could provide me with detailed description of what all you use and how you use it to back up a DVD. I am new to trying to do any of this. I did buy DVD XCopy Platinum and have had all kinds of problems with it.

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

I use DVD Shrink to rip & compress (if necessary) the Main Movie in Reauthor mode. Then use Nero 6 set to DVD-Video to burn the IFO, BUP and VOB files.

DVD Decrtypter is good for cutting thru the 321-BACKUP watermark so you can copy a copy of a 321 backed up DVD.

There are quite a few guides here on this forum telling 'how-to.' Jump in with both feet and get wet - you'll enjoy it.

RWG

4. Buik

Buik Regular member

DVD Shrink & Clone DVD (elby.ch) work great for me. Together they are kind of idiot proof, after a few brews. Only coasters can be attributed to buying the cheapest media._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Stretch the cash. Bargain hunting. System is not static.[/small]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2003
  5. RWG

RWG Regular member

I agree 101%. The intimidating obsticale is taking that first step believing that a thing called 'freeware' can do a better job than the software one paid $100 for.

Start with DVD RW media to ensure your first time won't cost you a buck.

I'd say more but I value my posting ability on afterdawn.

RWG

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

mlhannig, you can find user-friendly DVD Shrink, Nero, burnatonce and DVD Decrypter guides at:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

The DVD Shrink guides deal with the "Re-author" mode, but using the default one (aka "Full-Disk") is very straight forward. ;)

7. LeeFields

LeeFields Guest

Yup, Shrink with nero 6 all the way for me. I got into this whole backup thing about three weeks ago and 321's platnum looked like the program to go for, so I paid for it, downloaded it, then I found these forums :( :). Downloaded shrink then got nero, havent touched X copy since.