1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

321Studios.com Support

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by RWG, Jun 28, 2004.

1. RWG

RWG Regular member

I sent email to 321 support a week ago asking about getting any or all 321 products I own (DVD COPY 5.0, DVDXCOPY, DVDXPRESS, DVDXCOPY GOLD and DVDXCOPY PLATINUM) activated. All my versions have the ripper in working order, they aren't castrated RF versions.

Here's the reply I recieved today:

Dear Customer,

Apologies are in order for the lack of response from tech support over the past week. Due to recent changes within the company in regards to the current legal proceedings, the amount of tech support email that we have received is overwhelming.

As of the 27th February 2004, we have suspended the availability and sale of Ripper products. This was done to comply with injunctions recently placed on us by Federal courts in California, and New York.

These injunctions prevent us from supporting, manufacturing, distributing or trafficking any DVD circumvention software (or rippers, once provided with our products). While we disagree with the decisions and have filed appeals, we are law abiding citizens and will fully comply with the order.

Currently, we may no longer activate your product by phone. However, you will still be able to activate your program online. If you are having problems getting the activation to go through, a few things could be wrong.

Please check the format of the short date in your computer.

To do this, open the Regional Settings/Options in your Control Panel. Make sure that the short date is set to mm/dd/yyyy otherwise the activation will not work.

Please be sure that you are using your correct License ID and Password.

1) MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ONLINE WHEN YOU TRY TO ACTIVATE.

2) DISABLE your firewall if you experience problems when you try to activate.

3) If you are an international customer, MAKE SURE THAT THE DATE on your computer is the same as it is here in the USA.

(The date needs to be set to the date in the USA in order to make the Activation work. You can reset it to the correct date after activation.)

If the problems you are experiencing are with a “Ripper” product (DVD X COPY, DVD X COPY XPRESS, DVD X COPY PLATINUM, DVD X RESCUE or DVD COPY PLUS) due to the recent court injunction, and the current legal proceedings 321 Studios can no longer lawfully support ripper products.

If your question pertains to a Non Ripper product (DVDXTREME, DVDXMAKER, DVDXSHOW, DVDXPOINT, AUDIOXTOOLS, or GAMESXCOPY) PLEASE RESUBMIT YOUR QUESTION and we will gladly offer support.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

321 STUDIOS TECHNICAL SUPPORT STAFF

---

Kinda sucks, eh?

2. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I got the ripper version of dvd x copy xpress and would like to update it to the latest rf version.
    Do you think this is still possible?
    Thank's

Era

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

I think you'd be able to do that although I haven't tried. Just d/l the latest from

http://www.nycsoftware.com/dvdxcopy/support/

or

http://xcopy.co.uk/updates/?=s76gdfdsd675abcdf565gf65a

and follow these:

Please be sure that you are using your correct License ID and Password.

1) MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ONLINE WHEN YOU TRY TO ACTIVATE.

2) DISABLE your firewall if you experience problems when you try to activate.

3) If you are an international customer, MAKE SURE THAT THE DATE on your computer is the same as it is here in the USA.

luck-

4. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

Thanks RWG.
    I saved those links you gave me and put them on cd-r.
    But they look like they are for the ripper version and definately NOT as up to date as the version on 321 Studios website.
    Technically I cant do anything yet since my CD copy of xpress is arriving tomorrow by fed-ex.
    So I will contact them tomorrow and see what they say.
    Era

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

RWG,

Why don't you get Platinum RF? You'll have to e-mail support@321studios.com and give them your current Platinum license and password. Make sure you ask for a new RF license. They should issue a new RF license(same password), reset your activations to 10, and allow you to download Platinum RF.

Now once you install it and activate it, download 321rip. Now you got a ripper version again :), and your browse button works.

6. RWG

RWG Regular member

ERA2000 and flip218,

Just for yucks I installed my Xpress 3.2.3.435 I downloaded from

and installed it. Looked up my License I.D. for Xpress and proceeded to the Activation process. Activated / Registered online without any problems what so ever. This DVDXPRESS 3.2.3.435 is a "ripper" version. I started it before starting this message and so far it has:

1. Read my The King Returns DVD
    2. Formatted the DVD+RW disc in the burner
    3. Is writing to the DVD+RW disc...43%...44%...45%
    4. Took 19:07 to burn to a 2.4X disc plus 1 minute or so to finalize
    5. Kicked the burned DVD out
    6. Tossed up a screed saying, "Burn Completed Sucessfully."
    7. Final DVD results are it appears to play fine in WinDVD6, InterActual Player and makes it through the 'Quick Analysis' of DVD Shrink. Still has that butt-ugly 321Studios disclaimer like most non 'de-321'ed' products have.

Damm...now what do I do with this thing? I'll leave it installed for a while.

there ya go!

7. flip218

RWG,

That's great... I'm happy for you. But can you verify if it is v3.2.3? I click the uk site, click it to download an it says 3.2.1

The reason why I ask is because, DVDXPRESS 3.2.3.435 is available through majorgeeks.com. And want to know if your xpress licenses will activate it. Thanks.

Also, it's always good to have multiple ways to back up. There was member having trouble backing up a movie, can't remember the movie... but the only program that work for him was Xpress.

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

flip218,

It's most definately 3.2.3.435. The filename is dvdxcopy_xpress_3.2.3_build_435.exe. File size reports 7.07MB (7,417,179 bytes).

Now I'm trying to remember where I did get that download. File properties says I got on 06-06-2004. I'll be danged if I know where I d/l'ed from. I'll have to scratch my head awhile. It wasn't majorgeeks.com. If you want it let me know.

I activated it with my original Xpress license i.d. and password.

later-

9. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

Can anyone tell me the mechanics of how the DVD Xcopy activation works? Does the prog contact the 321 site?
    If so, after Aug 1 2005 does that mean it will cease to work?
    Also if you run out of activations, eg, installing new hdd or reinstalling windows etc I previously was unable to activate as I had used all my activations.
    It was on a weekend and I had to wait to get new activations.
    If they aren't there to reset does that mean my legally paid for software is dead once I have used all the activations? There FAQ on the website says you can reactivate from a floppy but doesn't say how, lol.

10. flip218

11. Carolro

Carolro Member

I have DVDXshow 2.3 and like it very much.

Recently had a system problem and had to reinstall most of my software after repair. I cannot activate
    DVDXshow after reinstalling it. Aparently 321 has shut down their operations including activations on all product lines.

The lesson here is to think twice before purchasing software that will need online activation from a company that may not be around in the future.

They are selling off software thru a third party, but is this the same thing: an online activation with a company gone next year.

Couldn't they have handled this so that their customers in good faith would be protected?

12. flip218

Try to contact these guys:
    http://dvdxcopy.com/
    or

C'mon ... every business has the possibility of going out of business. You even admit you like DVDXShow very much. So are you going to not buy software that you might like and that has an online activation because they might not be around in the future? Be realistic.

Everybody's activations were set to [bold]75[/bold]

13. Carolro

Carolro Member

I didn't say not buy, I said think twice.
    And if it is expensive software with activation,
    maybe not. With activation you are entering into a long term contract with the provider.

What does this mean set activation to 75.

14. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

When I bought DVD Xcopy I had no idea there were online activations required. That is pleasing to hear that activations have been set to 75. I take that as being "official"?

15. Carolro

Carolro Member

I don't think you get any. I can't get activated because the site is down and there is no support.
    I only activated once before. If you change computers or have a crash like I did, you get nothing. That's what I was complaining about.

16. flip218

You can activate. Have you checked how many activations you have lately? Login to here:
    http://secure.321studios.com/solo/customers/

17. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

Flip I can't see where it shows how many activations you have with that login.

18. flip218

login and click details.

19. nosmarbad

nosmarbad Member

Oops sorry, went off prematurely.
    Yes, it tells me I have 10 left, so where is the 75 you mentioned?

20. flip218