1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D/HD TV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by sillian, Apr 16, 2010.

1. sillian

sillian Member

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

I think it's a "cool" technology, but I have no interests in it right now. Maybe 6-7 years down the road I might consider buying one. I don't think this is going to catch on anytime soon, especially since in the past few years, the millions of people that have just spent thousands just to upgrade to 1080p TV's. To upgrade to 3D, your most likely going to have to replace all of your equipment (receiver, blu-ray players, TV,etc), and it's going cost twice as much.

Plus the main thing is content. There's has to be way more content that really shines though 3D, plus most of 3D equipment is not that compatibly with other 3D equipment (ie.glasses).

Also are the glasses, nobody likes those. If you have the money and don't get headaches while watching 3D content, then it's "OK" to buy one just for future-safe purposes, but you can't go wrong with buying a good non-3D HD TV now.