1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3DS firmware has been updated to 3.0.0-6, do not block flashcards

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by blomquist, Dec 21, 2011.

1. blomquist

blomquist Guest

It has been confirmed that 3SD new firmware V3.0.0-6 has been released, if you log in e-shop, you will be asked to update to the new firmware (Looks like only available in Europe and USA), it is said that this update is for Swapnote.

here is the quote from official site: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/system_update.jsp

Version 3.0.0-6U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:

Date Available: 12/21/2011

System stability improvements and other adjustments
    Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

And it has been confirmed that this update wont block the flashcard. Most famous cards have been confirmed still working on V3.0.0-6, here: http://www.gamekool.com/3ds-flashcart-c-31.html such as r4i gold (r4ids.cn), acekard 2i, DStwo, ace3ds....

Edit: it is said that r4i sdhc also works...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
  2. gabysolis

gabysolis Member

The minor update improves system stability.

System Update version 3.0.0-6 is now available and should be delivered to 3DS systems worldwide shortly.

The updated version doesn't appear to include any major changes. Nintendo's website states simply that "further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience."

Nintendo has used similar language in the past while patching security holes in order to block Flash cards. Messages on various Chinese message boards indicate that this is again the case.

While the small update will be delivered automatically, users can update immediately through the unit's System Settings app.
    the sources: http://www.r4dscards.info/nintendo-3ds-system-update-version-3-0-0-6-r4i-gold-3ds-and-r4i-sdhc-3ds/

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. gabysolis

gabysolis Member

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  4. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

blocked acekard 2i mine does not load anymore, is there and update??? i get black screen white text, an error has occurred. press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details. firmware 3.0.0.6, now if i put card in it freezes system i have to take card out and power off device to get it to boot again

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  5. gabysolis

gabysolis Member

now,according to some game users' experience,if your acekard 2i can support 3ds version 3.0.0-5,it will support 3ds 3.0.0-6 directly, now there is not any new news on acekard official site. i only know this bug you have said is showed in supercard dstwo, they have the fix file,but as to acekard 2i, i don't know that.

my suggestion is that you have to ask the official tech support(acekard@gmail.com)
    or you can boot your acekard 2i again, maybe it will be fine.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  6. t0r0wl

t0r0wl Member

Blocked R4i-3DS (from r4i-sdhc.com) after upgrade to Ver 3.0.0-6U.

Got black screen with below error message.
    An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details.

7. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

I told you:

The latest firmware update for the 3DS blocks certain flash cards and even dials home to verify the cart so turn off your wireless when using the cart.

8. Nadrian

Nadrian Member

It doesn't.

9. shadow766

shadow766 Member

i just bought 3DS at 01-20-12, after i go home i used my R4i
    (the one with: WIFI V1.4.3 3DSV2.1.3 www.R4I-SDHC.HK). i did play some NS game. so after that i try to use internet, but when i connect the internect and download the game from the eshop~ Resident Evil 3D.(boring game lol...).
    after that i go back to play my DS game cuz it was boring game. but when i start the R4i
    the screen turn to black and shows "an error has occurred. press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

WTF.... i cant use my R4i now. what should i do?, i checked my 3DS is Ver 3.0.0-6U now.(i didnt know the when i just bought the 3DS's Ver cuz i never checked before i have saw the update Ver) .

i guess there are 2 way to end this shit thing~ one: return to Gamestop says i dont like the color cuz i thought it was blue not light blue with green color.

or way 2: waiting for the new R4i update for the one with: WIFI V1.4.3 3DSV2.1.3 www.R4I-SDHC.HK).
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

anyone ! plz help me

10. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Update the FW on the R4 card and it will boot

11. wrightty

wrightty Member

u may need to do a flash the R4i cart via an older DS console be4 it will load again to the 3DS , thats what we had to do and now it works with the lastest 3DS FW, u can get that from the R4i site

12. sknyc

sknyc Member

I did the same, tried to upgrade AK2i to 3DS on my DSi 1.43U, and went to acekard.com and downloaded the latest: "Firmware Update of AK2i for console 3DS3.0 and DSi1.4.3. Please refer to the readme file in the package"; "AKAIO 1.8.9 The best official All In One menu for AK2, Ak2i, Ak rpg both". Did the update, reboot, and got "an error has occurred. press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."
    I also reformatted the SD and reloaded the original backed up files, still got the error. Why? Why can't I get the old files working?

13. tantan20171

tantan20171 Member

I have the r4i-sdhc flash card and.got.the same error message as well..... don't know if its true but there's a rumor stating if you upgrade the 3ds with the flash cards in them.... it kills the function on the flash card for that 3ds... can anyone confirmed that?

14. Madelene

Madelene Member

Please help, I updated my sons 3DS consoles the other day with version 3.0.0-6E while the WIFI R4i 3DS card was still in the slot. My sons tried to load the games today and an error message appears on screen "an error occurred. press and hold the power button to turn the system off. please refer to the operations manual for details".

Can anyone advise if there is a fix for this I have uploaded onto the card V1.55b English, but it still isn't working.

Can anyone advise of a fix or what I should do, not very good with how this works so any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  15. Domoto

Domoto Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  16. henkvisser

henkvisser Member

You need to find a DS console to update your card first.

17. Madelene

Madelene Member

Hi can it be any console or does it have to be a 3DS console as the boys both have a DSi console as well and as said the cards are both working fine on these

18. Domoto

Domoto Member

yes, you can use dsi if the card can work on your dsi well.

19. Madelene

Madelene Member

Hi, thanks for your help it worked perfectly, cheers.

20. Nice2have

Nice2have Member

Hi, this has been helpful however I still have a variant of the issue.

The screen that appears on my old DS while containing 3 icons that are different, just a different skin(?), it doesn't take me into config mode or offer an update option, when the one suggested is selected it goes into 3 more icons (Internet, email and text docs). On the initial screen it doesn't show the version number either.

A conundrum I definitely need help with please!

The card is a wifi R4 1.43 and I have downloaded and added to the card the upgrade files from the aforementioned website.